ECS is seeking a Network Monitoring and Support Technician to work in our Rosslyn, VA office. Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Configure / maintain network switches; knowledge of VLAN, STP, VTP, 802.1q, etc.
- Configure / maintain network routers; knowledge of OSPF, BGP, etc.
- Daily network monitoring of infrastructure leveraging tools
- Support / troubleshoot WAN / branch office data circuits
- Support / troubleshoot wireless technologies; experience with enterprise wireless design, deployment, maintenance, troubleshooting
- Support configuration changes within IPAM, DNS, DHCP
- Support RADIUS & 802.1x auth technologies
- Support / troubleshoot firewall solutions
- Configure / maintain load balancers
- Understand fundamental network concepts and protocols
- Work / track trouble tickets; work with customers to facilitate ticket closure
- Monitor, report, troubleshoot, and remediate nertwork issues; communicate findings to management
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve network problems; update monitoring based on problem resolution
- Work as part of a team on projects; ensure that monitoring requirements are part of project planning / execution
- Ensure that the OIG monitoring environment is secure, and that appropriate resolution, recovery, and redundancy issues are addressed
- Work with lead engineers to evaluate, test, and implement emerging industry monitoring technologies as appropriate to the mission and priorities of the OIG
- Work closely with all OCIO teams (IT Operations, Application Integration, Information Security, and Enterprise Services)
- Must have a Bachelors Degree
- 4+ years' specialized experience with monitoring platforms
- 2+ years' experience with monitoring platform administration (including installation, configuration, and maintenance of monitoring systems)
- One or more technology certifications such as CCNA, Net+, and/or Security+
- Organize, track, and document activities and resources associated with the development, installation, and maintenance of enterprise network monitoring requirements
- Document and communicate deployments and upgrades through a structured change management process; maintain a document repository
- Work on complex projects with network infrastructure components
- Implement, upgrade, and maintain enterprise network infrastructure and components
- Identify physical and/or logical interconnections for root cause analysis and configuration of correlating events within one or more monitoring platforms
- Enterprise view of an infrastructure environment
- Familiar with cloud infrastructure concepts and soft networks
- Work with new technologies and adapt to changing infrastructure requirements
- Troubleshoot complex networks
- Independent time management
Experience in configuring, maintaining, supporting, and/or troubleshooting one or more of the following:
- L2/L3 switches, Cisco Catalyst & Nexus, and/or HP Comware & Procurve
- Router technologies such as Cisco ASR/ISR, etc.
- Network monitoring tools such as SolarWinds, Statseeker, Splunk, SNMP, Netflow, syslog, etc.
- Data circuits such as Internet VPN, site-to-site VPN, DMVPN, MPLS, QoS, Ipsec, GRE, SD-WAN, etc.
- Authentication technologies such as Cisco ISE, Aruba Clearpass, etc.
- Network technologies such as Bluecat, Infoblox, etc.
- Firewall solutions such as Palo Alto, Cisco ASA, Sonicwall, etc.
- Load balancers such as A10, F5, etc.
- Network protocols such as TCP/IP, OSI Model, etc.
- Cisco wireless LAN controllers
- Aruba Mobility controllers
- Converged telecommunications
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
Installations (Computer Systems)
Server Supported Gaming