Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Commercial & Industrial (HCI) provides solutions for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, commercial and industrial applications along with high-voltage test and measurement solutions. As a leading global manufacturer and supplier in multiple markets, we have quality products that serve the commercial construction, datacom, industrial light, industrial heavy, high voltage, residential and oil & gas markets. HCI has built its success through strong leadership, employee and customer loyalty and an exceptional sales force.
501 W. Apple St.
Freeburg, IL 62243
The core responsibility of the engineer is to design and develop new products from concept through production launch using Autodesk Inventor while problem solving any issues that may arise. The engineer is responsible for product redesign for improved function, cost reductions, and sustainability initiatives. With direction, the engineer will manage multiple projects while working in a cross functional team environment and will adhere to all necessary agency certification requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage multiple design projects simultaneously while working within cross-functional teams. Report project status as needed to management and take appropriate actions to maintain project schedules.
- Design products to be in conformance with all necessary agency standards (UL, CSA, IEC, NEMA, etc).
- Work with customers to understand their needs for modified orders
- Creation of 3D models, technical drawings, and instruction sheets using engineering design software
- Prepare and process engineering change orders
- Aid in the design and development of new products
- Help drive process improvement and product sustainment
- Lead and participate in product design reviews
- Provide technical support to customer service, purchasing, sales, distributers, and customers
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent technical degree
- 0 to 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experienced with 3D modeling and CAD (Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD preferred but not required)
- Experience in FMEA, Lean/Six Sigma, and DFSS preferred but not required
- High level of PC proficiency, including Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with SAP Enterprise software is a plus
Bachelors Degree in Engineering General
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Canadian Standards Association
Computer Aided Design
Failure Mode Effects Analysis
Design For Six Sigma