At WellStar, we all share common goals. That’s what makes us so successful – and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the most integrated healthcare provider in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
Wellstar Medical Group has an immediate opening for a Practice Manager for our Trauma practice located in Marietta, Georgia.
The WellStar Medical Group Practice Manager (PM) is an integral role within WellStar Health System. This leader integrates patient experience, operational effectiveness, cultural integration, and system outcomes within the practice(s). As a member of the WellStar Medical Group, the PM is directly responsible for the overall office operations including directing daily clinical and business functions. The PM will plan, supervise, and coordinate day-today operations of a WellStar Medical Group practice. The PM is also responsible for maintaining compliance with all regulatory agencies associated with WellStar Health System and WellStar Medical Group. Additionally, the PM will be responsible for practice specific regulations as it applies to their specialty.
The PM selects and hires employees according to WellStar’s established guidelines; while monitoring, coaching, developing and evaluating performance of staff on an ongoing basis in accordance with WellStar’s performance standards. The position will maintain clinical quality, financial viability, patient experience, staff and provider engagement. In collaboration with associated departments, the PM Maintains proficiency in business operations and resolves operational issues and problems.
The PM will support eight (8) or more providers (physicians and advanced practice professionals) with two (2) or more locations; or one (1) location with ten (10) or more providers. A PM leader may also support one (1) Urgent Care facility as this is a site that operates seven days per week with availability and holidays.
Required Minimum Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field of study from an accredited university.
- Will accept associate degree and five (5) years of healthcare management experience OR 7 years of healthcare management experience in lieu of bachelor’s degree.
Required Minimum Licensure/Certification:
- No certification required
Required Minimum Experience:
- 3-5 years of management experience required.
Required Minimum Skills:
- Professional-level computer skills and advanced experience with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written/ verbal communication and presentation skills.
- A superior degree of professionalism, diplomacy and discretion.
- Excellent judgment, problem-solving and decision-making skills; as well as strong customer-service skills.
- Works closely with physicians, other providers and WellStar Administration to establish and meet short and long term strategic practice goals.
- Understands and applies fundamental principles of financial analysis, strategic planning, operations, human resources and information systems.
- Consistently demonstrates strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and develop staff, collaborate with physicians and maintain positive patient interactions.
- Proactively searches for and recommends opportunities to enhance practice services and revenue.
Complex Problem Solving