Wisconsin Kenworth is currently accepting applications for Entry level and Experienced Diesel Truck Mechanics at their Wausau location. Responsibilities include the repair, troubleshooting and maintenance of Class 8 trucks. Candidates must be mechanically inclined and experienced technicians must have 3-5 years experience. Excellent benefits offered. This is a great opportunity to join a progressive work environment and a growing dealer group.
* Please note this will be an ongoing listing. We are always looking for talent!
* Performs corrective and preventative maintenance on medium and heavy duty vehicles.
* Troubleshoots various systems, to include electrical, drive train, HVAC, brake, engine, and suspension, identifies needed repairs and performs corrective action.
* Writes up on the repair order an accurate, clear, and detailed description of the cause of failure and the repair procedure(s) used.
* Uses diagnostic equipment to detect and isolate faults in medium and heavy duty vehicles and interprets test results.
* Reads written fault description on Repair Order and determines the most efficient repair procedure.
* Communicates with and provides Shop Foreman with accurate and detailed repair information for inclusion on the Repair Order.
* Obtains supervisor permission to complete diagnosed repairs and/or add additional repairs to a repair.
* Communicates with parts department personnel to obtain or order the parts necessary to repair vehicles.
* Performs road test on customer vehicles to assist in problem isolation or to verify repair procedure.
* Tracks and charges clocked hours to the proper corresponding Repair Order operation.
* Writes up clear, accurate, and detailed repair description of each operation on the corresponding Repair Order, to include a description of the cause of failure and the correction and/or repair procedure used.
* Interacts with customers in a professional and positive manner.
* Assists other technicians with repair procedures as needed.
* High School Diploma required; Formal technical degree, certificate or equivalent work experience is preferred
* Experienced technicians must have at least 3-5 years of diesel mechanic experience
* Personal tool inventory to allow for the completion of job duties and assignments.
* Effective written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to obtain a Valid Commercial Drivers License (CDL).
* Ability to read and interpret shop repair order forms, repair manuals, electrical schematics and various other technical bulletins.
* Ability to use computer keyboard and Windows basics.
* Ability to work in an environment with frequent exposure to outside weather elements.
* Ability to work 8 - 10 hour days, including overtime hours as needed.
* Ability to bend, stoop, crawl, walk and sit on a regular basis with frequent lifting of up to 50 pounds and occasional lifting of up to 100 pounds
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
- Computer Keyboards
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Diesel Engines