Pottstown Hospital is a 232-bed facility. Our full range of health services include inpatient and outpatient, medical and surgical, and diagnostic and emergency care, to name a few. We believe in the power of people to create great care. We're 1,150 healthcare professionals strong. Pottstown Hospital strives to exceed patient expectations, while delivering compassionate, safe, quality care. And we work hard every day to be a place of healing, caring and connection for patients and families in the community we call home.
Seeking Board Certified or Board Eligible Adult Psychiatrists for Inpatient and Outpatient Need at Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown, PA.
Psychiatrist Job Duties:
- Evaluates patients by interviewing patient, family, and other persons; conducting physical examinations; observing behaviors; reviewing medical history and related documents; selecting, administering, and interpreting psychological tests; ordering laboratory tests and evaluating results.
- Develops treatment plans by determining nature and extent of cognitive, emotional, developmental, social, and behavioral disorders; establishing treatment goals and methodologies.
- Treats patients by utilizing psychotherapeutic methods and medications; discussing progress toward goals with patients; providing instructions; monitoring effect of medications; supervising staff provision of services.
- Maintains interdisciplinary treatment by reviewing treatment plans and progress; consulting and collaborating with primary care physicians, mental health therapists, nurses, and other health care providers.
- Assures quality and safe service for patients and staff by enforcing policies, procedures, standards, rules, Joint Commission for Accreditation of Health Care Organizations requirements, and legal regulations; participating in utilization reviews; remaining available for emergency consultations.
- Improves staff competence by providing training and discussions regarding the interrelationship between psychosocial and physiological problems, psychotropic medications, crisis intervention, and related issues.
- Maintains historical records by documenting symptoms, medications, and treatment events; writing summaries.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in continuing medical educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments. Skills/Qualifications: Documentation Skills, Analyzing Information , Decision Making, Listening, Verbal Communication, Patient Services, Mental Health, Psychiatry, Building Relationships, Discretion, Bedside Manner
- Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm Schedule
- 28 Bed Inpatient Unit serving Adult and Geriatric patients
- Average of 10-12 patients per day
- Team of a clincal Nurse Manager, Nurse Practitioners, RN's, LPN's, Mental Health Teches, LCSW, and 24-hour Crisis Workers available
Pottstown Hospital is located within 30 minutes of King of Prussia and under an hour from Philadelphia. The area boasts great school systems wether you choose from Public Schools to Private Schools. Easy access to all Northeast major cities. You have the ability to enjoy, shopping, shows, festivals, and restaurants.
MD or DO; BC/BE in Adult Psychiatry.
Licensed Practical Nurse