Inspire and deliver exceptional value to travelers around the globe as part of the Apple Leisure Group (ALG) team! Our vision is to be the best-in-class and largest all-inclusive resort management and travel services provider, differentiated by the collaboration of our unique resort and distribution brands.
Grow your career as a USGAAP Accounting Manager within UVC, one of our 14 industry-leading brands. In this role you will be responsible for supervising and managing the accounting team. To develop and maintain accounting principles, best practices, and systems for collecting, analyzing and reporting information. Must have a strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The USGAAP manager will advise on financial strategy and financial reporting. Interface with Corporate accounting team and work on ad hoc projects.
A successful USGAAP Accounting Manager will:
* Be responsible of USGAAP month end process. Manage the reciprocal relationship with UVC GAAP Controller to include commentary on the financial statements, reconciliation on the Economic EBITDA and CFOA
* Supervise a team that prepares accounting analyzes that evaluate transactions in general ledger accounts, as well as to evaluate the impact of a potential business or accounting change
* Compile and analyze data and monitor transactions and processor efficiency and proficiency
* Ensure adequate documentation and supporting work papers regarding GAAP financials are in compliance with SOX requirements and that SOX controls are properly designed and executed for the corporate region.
* Assist in the drafting of the quarterly and annual reports on Form 10-Q's and 10-K's
* Identify opportunities for GAAP model improvements in reporting, controls and transactional processes and evaluate process enhancements and propose viable solutions.
* Identify accounting risks and develop strategies and procedures to approach them.
* Assist with all internal and external audit requirements
* Responsible of process improvements, GAAP cross training, and other department training and development initiative
* Maintain and enhance USGAAP model, including predictive analysis
A successful USGAAP Accounting Manager will have:
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA or MBA preferred.
* Knowledge of US GAAP
* Big 4 experience desirable
* 5 years' experience in accounting, auditing, or financial analysis areas.
* Leadership and people-management experience.
* Excellent planning and organization skills.
* Effectively in situations involving rapid change and simultaneous demands.
* Effectively develop, motivate, coach, train and supervise less experienced team members
* Strong analytical skills, very detail oriented, with a strong ability to identify incongruities and anomalies in balances.
* Ability to communicate results in English and Spanish and reports to BU and Corporate Management level
* Bilingual English/Spanish speaking
* Advanced in Excel and power point.
* Knowledge in Power BI.
* SAP system.
* Experience using Oracle system - Hyperion Financial Management (HFM).
* Alteryx desirable
* Ability to travel when needed
Remote candidates welcome to Apply!
About Apple Leisure Group:
Apple Leisure Group® (ALG) is the leading North American travel, hospitality and leisure management group with the only vertically-integrated business model, serving travelers and destinations worldwide. ALG consistently delivers exceptional value to travelers and strong performance to resort owners and partners by strategically leveraging the power of its portfolio of brands across five segments, comprising:
Vacations: the largest seller of vacation packages and charter flights in the U.S. for travel to Mexico and the Caribbean, moving approximately 3.2 million passengers annually through well-established vacation brands,
AMResorts : brand management of 5-star and 4-star luxury resorts through AMResorts® award-winning brand portfolio
AMSTAR: best-in-class destination management services provided by Amstar DMC and Worldstar®
UVC: the exclusive loyalty program Unlimited Vacation Club®
Trisept Solutions: the innovative technology solutions provider Trisept Solutions®, connecting over 88,000 travel agents with leading travel suppliers.
To learn more about the Apple Leisure Group advantage, visit appleleisuregroup.com.
At ALG, we call our employees Colleagues, because we are more than just employees. We are united as a team, working toward a common mission and vision. Together, we are committed to live the core values by which we operate:
We Care • We Are Authentic • We Inspire Action • We Do It Together • We Own our Results
We Are Hungry For More • We do Everything With Passion
Benefits at a Glance
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package to our U.S. based employees:
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Basic Life Insurance
* Short & Long Term Disability
* Paid Parental Leave
* Corporate Wellness Program
* Travel Discounts & Deals
* Paid Time Off & Holidays
* 401(k) Plan with Company Match
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Process Improvement
- Coaching And Mentoring