The forklift operators are required to operate any one of three forklifts as needed: G-5 Royal T-250 (25,000 lbs. load capacity; Hester Spacesaver (10,000-12,000 lbs capacity); and CAT T-50 (6,000 lbs. capacity). In support of the production, shipping and recieving operations, the forklift operator:
- loads trucks with finished sheet metal
- loads cut sheet material onto platforms for dispatch through the manufacturing lines
- prepares finished can or sheet material for transfer to other departments
- removes coil loads and other materials from trucks as they are delivered
This position will be assigned to night crew
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Experience in a manufacturing facility
- A minimum of six months forklift driving work experience, operating sit-down forklifts
- A current forklift driving certification
- If not currently certified, the ability to demonstrate forklift driving exerience and pass the certification test
- Flexibility to work varying shifts and overtime as needed
Physical Requirements: Ability to kneel, stoop, crawl, squat and stand for extended periods of time while performing job duties (up to 12-hours a day). Ability to push, pull, bend, climb, walk, and lift on a continuous basis (up to 12-hours a day). Be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds overhead on an occasional basis. Possess excellent hand-eye coordination, adequate dexterity and strength in order to maintain and operate equipment. Ability to distinguish through the use of audio, visual, olfactory, and tactile senses when the equipment is properly operating. Required to wear personal protection equipment as required.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
Work Environment: High noise levels, vibrations, varying atmospheric conditions and temperatures, hazardous chemicals
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Silgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
Silgan is a drug-free workplace.