Logistics done differently.
You’re excited by the challenge of connecting with clients, building relationships and seizing opportunities. At XPO Logistics, we’re excited to connect with talented individuals who will focus on securing and growing strategic accounts. In the Inside Sales role, you will generate new sales revenue and identify business opportunities for company services. If you love searching for new business and you’re good at closing the deal, join us at XPO. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work, and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Develop and maintain Full Truckload (FTL) business throughout North America
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously with a high sense of urgency
- Prospect for leads to build a pipeline, including heavy cold calling
- Nurture accounts to retain existing relationships and to grow share of business
- Use traditional and electronic communication tools to contact former, current and prospective customers
- Create quotes and sales proposals for company services; collaborate with the team on pricing decisions, supplier selection and timing
- Translate business opportunities into incremental revenue through strong selling; succeed at heavy price and service negotiations with customers and carriers
- Accurately maintain and update information in the company's operating systems
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
It’d be great if you also have:
- An interest in building a career with a growth-oriented company
- Proven ability to negotiate deals with a high sense of urgency
- Experience in direct sales; experience working in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to build client relationships quickly to establish and maintain a profitable book of business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to work as part of a team
- Business-minded work style with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Achieve Sales Quotas
Implementing Sales Strategies