Lead Java Software Developer
As a Lead Java Software Developer for Manufacturing Insurance Product Administration Systems and Integration Services, you are a trusted expert and leader who is responsible for analyzing, designing, building, testing, debugging, documenting, implementing and maintaining new or existing applications and software on distributed and/or mainframe systems.
You review and analyze user needs and design proposed system solutions based on requirements; as well as, participate in the development and testing of these solutions and ensure adherence to defined timelines. This could mean evaluating and configuring systems and peripherals for performance and serviceability, reliability, and availability.
We will look to you to recommend enhancements, upgrades and/or changes to the system configuration to maintain optimum system performance and utility. The Software Developer documents all aspects of an application or system to include network diagrams/flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and revision dates, while collaborating with other IT and business professionals to deliver high quality results. We will look to you to work efforts of all sizes, along with providing leadership and mentorship to less experienced staff members. Typically 5 or more years of applicable experience.
This position supports the architecture and leads the conceptual and technical designing, developing, implementing and governance of integration solutions that deliver business value across the organization while continuously improving time to market.
- Demonstrates deep expertise of Java technology development stack
- Leads initiatives spanning across applications, involving multiple integrations
- Expertise within a specific domain and knowledge across multiple domains
- Participates and can also oversee full development life cycle including, but not limited to, architecture, requirements, analysis, design, build and implementation
- Works on all phases of application development independently
- Provides technical thought leadership on all sized efforts and serves as the technical expert on development efforts
- Successfully deliver the right resources on initiatives in a timely and effective manner
- Leads technical staff on implementing and coordinating of system upgrades and enhancements
- Proactively mitigates risk within assigned assets, technologies and platforms
- Ensures data quality
- Identifies and drives improvements and innovation
- Develops and maintains program documentation
- Assists with architecture and leads the analysis and design for current business solutions, accounting for future business needs. Participates in setting architectural and technical standards across the organization
- Acts as the subject matter expert for the assigned integration and Java technology solutions
- Coordinates the functionality used by software applications, including change management, security and authentication, disaster recovery planning, support for data access, system configurations and reports
- Mentors and trains new or less experienced team members
- Communicates and collaborates with leadership and partners on status, issues and decisions to influence outcomes
- Leads meetings with leadership and partners to drive decisions
- Seeks feedback from business partners
- Presents and articulates clearly multiple solution options to gain alignment and reach a decision among leadership and partners
- Interacts with others to drive out role and process best practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write and present technical specifications
-Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, MIS, mathematics, or related field
- 5+ years of applicable experience including prior lead experience
- Advanced in-depth knowledge of systems design, architecting and demonstrated leadership on all sized efforts
- Strong organizational, analytical, critical thinking and leadership skills
For more information please contact Tom Mazzulla at 800-709-4740 ext 249 or firstname.lastname@example.orgSince 1995, iTech Solutions Inc., has been providing IT Consulting and Direct Hire Services to the Insurance, Financial, Communications, Manufacturing and Government sectors with local offices in Connecticut, Minnesota, Colorado, Massachusetts, Tennessee, North Carolina, and New Jersey / Pennsylvania area.
- API and integration development experience
- DB2/SQL knowledge a plus
Our recruiting strategy is simple, if you want to find qualified IT professionals then use IT professionals to find them. So at iTech Solutions, our personnel are all career IT professionals with a wide range of IT experience. We can honestly say our staff understands the technologies, the complexities of finding and selecting the appropriate personnel and the pressures of running successful IT projects. Employer will not sponsor applicants for any employment visas, at hiring or in the future, including but not limited to H-1B visas. Corp-to-Corp or subcontract personnel will not be considered for this position.
Produce Clean Code