ProPath is a high volume pathology practice based in Dallas, Texas. With a focus on patient well-being, ProPath has invested in today’s technological advancements to deliver fast results and create better patient outcomes. Each member of our team plays an important role in ProPath’s mission. ProPath is currently seeking a Patient Billing Representative to join our Patient Call Center team.
With a role at ProPath, you will have the opportunity to join an innovative and growing company that values their employees. We look for individuals who are accountable, honest, team players, and someone who can provide top quality customer service. As a member of our team, you will be able to make an impact in helping provide effective medical diagnostics and research to our patients and clients.
As a Patient Billing Phone Representative you will be responsible for initial telephone contact with patients, clients and insurance companies to answer billing questions and receive payment for services. Refer to other office personnel complex inquiries for research and resolution.
- Take incoming calls from patients, clients, and insurance companies in a call center environment.
- Quickly access the needs of the caller and adapt self to address those needs, maintaining a courteous and professional manner at all times.
- Accurately and concisely document patient’s account with proper feedback, call summary and any resolution provided during each call.
- Help to identify trends and takes action to help prevent negative impact to the patient and/or client.
- Answer questions and resolve inquiries that do not involve extensive research.
- Research/Review Explanation of Benefits (EOB’s) that reflect payment or denial of patient medical claims in order to respond to patient/client inquiries.
- Process credit card transactions with patients over the phone and correctly apply proper payment.
- Work patient correspondence with regards to updating insurance information, address corrections, bankruptcies, returned mail, etc.
- Liaison with collection company to ensure proper balances, payments or adjustments are communicated on individual patient accounts as they arise.
- Responsible for retrieving and responding to Billing Department faxes, Online Billing Inquiries and Billing Department voicemails.
- Familiarity with negotiated contracts and applicable fee schedules.
- Meet or exceed department goals related to abandon rate, call volume, answer call rate, etc.
- Maintain compliance with company and department policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of employee, patient, client and company records and issues.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of management, co-workers, clients, and patients to provide quality customer service.
- Adhere to department work schedule to insure adequate coverage of telephone service.
- Provide quality internal and external customer service and represent ProPath in a courteous, professional manner at all times.
- Must have at least a High School diploma or equivalent. Some additional education is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a medical billing environment required with at least 1 year experience in a customer service capacity preferred.
- Bilingual preferred, but not required( English & Spanish)
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with clients and patients.
- Familiarity with Microsoft software including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Must have knowledge of Medical Insurance claim processing.
- Basic knowledge of alpha/numeric data entry using a keyboard.
- Ability to handle high volume calls.
- Customer Service driven.
*The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years’ Pathology Billing experience
ProPath offers employees a full benefits package that includes: medical, dental, a matched 401K plan, and much more!
Our Patient Billing Representative plays an important role in helping ProPath achieve its vision of being the premier provider of diagnostic medical care. Don’t Follow the Leader, Join the Leader!
Medical Billing And Coding