Facility: GREAT PLAINS CORRECTONAL FACILITY
Compensation Base: $13.88
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Maintains the proper handling, organization and preservation of all detainee/inmate medical records. Provides clerical functions as directed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Files all medical records in alphabetical order adhering to color-coded system.
- Files and attaches medical information in each medical record according to dates of incarceration or date of service.
- Obtains physician signatures on all diagnostic studies before filing.
- Maintains both active and inactive files.
- Provides records as requested by health providers and administrative staff.
- Schedules appointments with outside consulting health professionals as assigned.
- Prepares monthly statistics and reports as assigned.
- Performs secretarial duties, i.e. answers telephones, types, files, as required.
- Performs other related marginal duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Training in an accredited medical records program or a minimum of one (1) year of experience in an established medical records system preferred.
- Working knowledge of business English, math, good grammar and spelling skills, and ability to develop correspondence, reports and operational directives required. Must have a proven history of exercising discretion and retaining confidentiality.
- Solid organizational and communication skills. Ability to understand and carry out moderately complex oral and written instructions; to make minor decisions in accordance with rules and regulations as they apply to work problems; to maintain company records; and to meet and deal effectively with the public and detainees required.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 12218/10658/49561
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
The GEO Group is the world’s leading provider of correctional, detention, community reentry, and electronic monitoring services to federal, state and local government agencies. With operations in the United States, Australia, South Africa, and the United Kingdom; GEO offers a diversified array of turnkey services which include design, construction, financing, and operations. Our unique approach allows GEO to provide high-quality and cost-effective services with state-of-the-art designs, innovative management solution, and industry-leading, evidence-based offender rehabilitation programs.
View the full profile
Not Ready to Apply?