Location: 2000 Industrial HWY Eddystone, PA 19022, US
Jennifer J Latone
CDL Drivers set your GPS and take the road to success with Beacon! Drive your way to a new career!
As a full-time Driver at Beacon, you’ll work close to home and have your nights and weekends free.
You’ll travel locally to deliver building materials to our customers, while adhering to and understanding safety policies and regulations.
A clean driving record and top-notch customer service skills are a must! Experienced, safety conscious, and customer-focused drivers encouraged to apply!
We’re looking for experienced Truck Drivers with their CDL A or B driver license and knuckle boom experience in Eddystone, PA.
What can I expect?
- Competitive Pay
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Potential for Overtime
- Paid Time Off Plus Holidays
- Potential for training and certifications on an as needed basis
What will my day-to-day look like?
- Pre-inspect truck, load with materials and verify load for accuracy
- Set up job perimeters, inspect site to ensure a safe environment to unload
- Unload truck at site –involves lifting of heavy shingles and use of heavy equipment
- Drive crew to site and guide helper to ensure safe unloading
- Communicate regularly with dispatcher to ensure timely product delivery at job site
- Communicate potential on-site hazards to branch management
- Keep logbook up-to-date at all times
- Adhere to and understand safety policies and regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned
What are the requirements?
- CDL Class A or B driver license in good standing
- Drivers must be 21 years of age or older
- Boom certification and/or experience
- Hazmat preferred
- Will need 12 months of prior and verifiable commercial driving experience
- Should be comfortable driving a 10-speed manual transmission truck and operate boom and/or moffett for unloading
- Airbrake endorsement needed if applicable to Class B Drivers
- Must be able to lift 75+ lbs repeatedly throughout the day as we will load/unload the materials by hand and via knuckle boom
- Must be comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions
- The ideal candidate will always put safety first and will always wear appropriate PPE
- Should prefer working in a team environment but be comfortable working on independent tasks
What will give me an edge over other applicants?
- Forklift experience
- Boom certification highly preferred but may train the right candidate
- Moffett experience
- Experience handling building materials
About Beacon: Founded in 1928, Beacon is a Fortune 500, publicly traded distributor of residential and commercial building products in North America, operating over 500 branches throughout all 50 states in the U.S. and 6 provinces in Canada. Beacon serves an extensive base of over 110,000 customers, utilizing its vast branch network and diverse service offerings to provide high-quality products and support throughout the entire business lifecycle. Beacon offers its own private label brand, TRI-BUILT, and has a proprietary digital account management suite, Beacon Pro+, which allows customers to manage their businesses online. Beacon’s stock is traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the ticker symbol BECN. To learn more about Beacon, please visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to CDL A or B Boom Truck Driver - Local
Beacon Building Products (NASDAQ: BECN), is one of the largest distributors of commercial and residential roofing products, complementary construction, and building materials serving the entire United States and six Canadian provinces.
Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
Personal Protective Equipment