To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Owensville, IN 47665
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Sunbelt Rentals, Inc. • Owensville, IN
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Are you seeking an entrepreneurial, empowering workplace that allows you to:
• Develop a career track
• Leverage your current skills while developing new skills
• Work with an incredible team of people
Sunbelt Rentals--the fastest growing rental business in North America--is seeking a Mechanic.
As a mechanic/technician you will increase levels of customer service by performing preventive maintenance and making repairs on equipment within the area of responsibility as needed in the most effective and cost-efficient way possible to avoid downtime at the customer location. You will perform check-ins and repairs, and assist other mechanic/technicians with general shop and equipment maintenance as directed.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform every job right the first time in order to maintain and exceed customer expectations and prevent unnecessary service calls in the field.
• Keep available equipment in good working order and in presentable condition.
• Maintain a positive and professional image of Sunbelt Rentals
• Service equipment correctly on the first attempt as required to ensure proper working condition when leaving the shop.
• Fabricate parts and equipment as required to meet shop and customer needs.
• Assists other mechanics with loading and unloading of equipment as needed
• Assists other mechanics with repairs and maintenance of equipment as needed
• May diagnose simple mechanical equipment problems
• Perform safety inspections on equipment and maintains a clean and safe work environment.
• Meet all company, governmental and equipment-specific safety requirements
• Other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor
• 1 to 2 years’ experience with similar equipment strongly preferred
• Ability to effectively and safely use mechanic’s tools and equipment to diagnose and trouble shoot complex equipment problems
• Ability to communicate equipment issues and understand job assignments
• Ability to prioritize work assignments
• Personal and professional integrity
• Exhibit a clear understanding of the necessity of equipment safety
• Flexibility regarding work assignments
• Must be physically able to work in a jobsite environment for extensive periods to include lifting up to 50lbs, bending, squatting, crouching, and reaching
• Some Trade school desired
The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 50 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with applicable laws. Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected class.
Qualified Veterans Welcome & Encouraged to Apply!
The following is a sample (but not exhaustive) list of the MOS, AFSC, and NEC Codes that may have transferrable skill sets that apply to this role: 711 713 2506 2584 4130 4133 4541 5899 6071 6072 7603 7607 7610 7618 13D 13M 13P 13R 13T 2T311A 2T311C 2T312A 2T312B 2T312C 2T331A 2T331C 2T332A 2T332B 2T332C 2T351 2T351A 2T351C 2T352A 2T352C 62B 63A 63D 63E 63H 63M 63N 63S 63T 63Y 88R 91A 91B 91E 91H 91L 91M 91P 91S ABE ABH AS CM EN GSM MM MM(NUC) MR SB
Related experience may include: Shop Mechanic, Mechanic, Technician, Service Foreman, Service Manager, Shop Manager, Mechanic Supervisor, Technician Supervisor, Lead Mechanic, Lead Technician, Diesel Technician, Diesel Mechanic, Service Technician, Heavy Equipment Mechanic, Hydraulic Technician, Hydraulic Mechanic, ASE Certified Mechanic, IFPS Certified Technician
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.