Senior Database Administrator
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Uline is seeking a Senior Database Administrator to join our Technology team.
Corporate Open HousePosition Responsibilities
Thursday, July 25th from 5 PM to 7 PM at the address above
Come talk to us about this position, see Uline's gorgeous facilities and learn all about our spectacular growth, generous benefits and awesome people!
- Design and execute overall database architecture strategy, standards and practices as part of a team.
- Work closely with project teams to develop data models that support business processes.
- Work with Application Development team to ensure database changes adhere to best practices and are properly prioritized and scheduled.
- Support all areas of the enterprise, ensuring all databases run at optimal performance.
- Proactively identify and troubleshoot databases performance issues.
- Ensure that industry-wide security standards are properly implemented.
- Develop and optimize complex T-SQL and PL/SQL code.
- Understand written business requirements and translate them into technical design.
- Design and develop SQL code, ETL processes and SSRS reports based on provided requirements.
- Respond to business requests in a professional manner with high sense of urgency.
- Participate in on-call rotation and occasional off-hours activities (DR tests, catalog-to-web cut overs, DBMS upgrades, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field.
- 10+ years experience in data integration, data movement and database administration preferred.
- Proficient in the following RDBMS: SQL Server 2012-2017, basic Oracle 11g and 12c, basic Oracle RAC and basic DB2 LUW 11.1 (pureScale).
- Experience developing, troubleshooting and optimizing T-SQL and PL/SQL code, ETL/SSIS processes and SSRS reports.
- Experience performing SQL Server replication (transactional, snapshot, SQL and Oracle target).
- Proficient in installing, configuring, upgrading and patching all RDBMS listed above, as well as OLTP performance troubleshooting.
- Experience using Windows 2012-2016, RHEL 6.5-7.5 and AIX at a level required to support RDBMS.
- Experience administering Windows Server Failover Clustering (WSFC).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to produce quality work on tight schedules as part of a large team of Senior Database Administrators.
- Willingness to work onsite in a professional business environment and off-site for after hours on-call activities.
- Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- On-site café with executive chefs and seasonal dinner-to-go options.
- First-class fitness center with complimentary personal trainers.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Professional development classes and monthly in-house speakers.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company known for incredible service and quality products. We offer same-day shipping on over 36,000 products found in our 788-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Our quality products, huge inventory and ongoing expansion fuel our incredible growth. This is a great time to join Uline!
Uline is a drug-free workplace.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 2297BR
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
In 1980, after recognizing a local need for a shipping supply distributor, Liz and Dick Uihlein started Uline from their basement. Their first product was the H-101 carton sizer (still offered today). It sold far beyond their expectations and encouraged the Uihleins to add more products to the catalog the following year.
Uline has steadily grown and continues to be a family owned and run business. The product line has expanded to include industrial, packaging, shipping, material handling, retail and janitorial supplies, including over 1,550 shipping box sizes alone. The 788-page Uline catalog reaches businesses nationwide, offering 36,000 products with quick delivery.
Today, with over 6,000 employees in North America, Uline has distribution centers in Chicago, IL; Minneapolis, MN; Allentown, PA; Los Angeles, CA; Atlanta, GA; Dallas, TX and Seattle, WA. We also have international facilities in Toronto, Edmonton and Vancouver Canada, along with Mexicali and Monterrey Mexico.
View the full profile
Uline is a drug-free workplace.