General Dynamics is seeking a Network Engineer for our Air Force customer in Hampton, VA. If you are seeking an opportunity to support our nation's military, live in a place with low cost of living, low crime and on a program that has a lot of excellent opportunities within a Fortune 100 company - then this position is perfect for you!
The GDIT Air Defense Communications Service program and its employees have the responsibility of maintaining 99.999% availability for the DoD/Air Force Air Defense Communications Systems, 7 days per week, 365 days per year. Sr. Technicians are responsible for field level network operations, maintenance, troubleshooting, and implementation of services for a diverse scope of communications systems.
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
Designs, evaluates, plans, tests, and operates electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems.
- Provide technical solutions based on accepted System Engineering Standards.
- Detailed communication system design.
- Research, test and evaluate solutions.
- Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
- Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
- May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
- May perform network administration duties.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.Qualifications
3-5 years of directly related experience in network design, analysis and administration.
- Voice Systems
- VHF or UHF radio systems
- Cisco Call Manager/CUCM, Avaya/Nortel PBX systems
- Data Systems
- Data transport (EIA-232/422/530)
- RADAR data
- Communication Transport Systems
- SATCOM or microwave transport, fiber optics
- Military long-haul communications: DISN Promina, FTI network, NIPR, SIPR, DISA GIG
- T1, T3, ISDN PRI/BRI, Digital Cross-connect Systems
- Network design, configuration, testing using Cisco switches and routers
- Crypto – TACLANE, KIV-7, STE-R
- ACAS, Retina, STIG, IAVA
- ASA firewalls, IPS/IDS
- TACACS+, RADIUS, Active Directory
- DIACAP, RMF processes
- Network Management Systems
- Solar Winds, Cisco Works, HP Open View, Castle Rock SNMPc
- Fault isolation and troubleshooting of complex systems
- Remedy, trouble ticket systems
- Test equipment – Fireberd, Wireshark, Multimeter, LAN tester, OTDR, Oscilloscope
- Fabrication and Installation of complex communication systems (copper cabling, fiber, coax, wire-wrapping; patch panels, 66 blocks)
- Project Management – risk, stakeholders, quality management
- MS Office and Visio
- Ability to write well and give presentations Periodic travel to CONUS, Alaska and Hawaii remote sites required. Must be able to lift 40 lbs. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a professional appearance.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- CCNA, CCDA, Security+ (Government requirement), Network+. Security+ is the minimum requirement.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Installations (Computer Systems)
Network Planning And Design