To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sunnyvale, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Staff Mechanical Engineer
The Judge Group • Sunnyvale, CA
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
If Interested, please share me your updated resume @ [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Title: Staff Mechanical Engineer
Work Location: US - Sunnyvale, CA
Duration: 12 Month
The Staff Mechanical Engineer will be part of a larger engineering team tasked with hardware design, development, and support of our ion chromatography technologies. The individual will lead the mechanical or electromechanical design of components or systems through all stages of the product lifecycle.
- Define, design, test, develop, and validate new products.
- Maintain and/or improve existing products to achieve better quality and/or cost reductions.
- Apply advanced knowledge of business practices, methodologies, and/or principles in the execution of short-term (1-2 years) functional deliverables.
- Lead processes, projects, or initiatives that are critical to the success of the Mechanical Engineering function.
- Network with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Influence those with both shared and divergent interests and influence short-term (1-2 years) operational and/or tactical planning.
- Coordinate with Project Manager to develop and execute a detailed schedule
- Coordinate with vendors to optimize Design for Manufacturability (DFM)
- Plan and develop experimental test programs.
- Compile and analyze operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for mew and modified products.
- Present technical data, including issues, risks, and opportunities to cross-functional audiences, including Project Management, Product Management, R&D Chemists, Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain.
- Mentor less experienced engineers.
- Use 3D CAD (CREO) to perform mechanical design, modeling, and detailing
- Direct activities of one or more support engineers/designers to achieve project goals.
- Write and release Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) for engineering drawings and Bills of Material (BOMs)
- Assist in the transfer of products to Manufacturing, including documentation, training, and test fixtures.
- Identify patent opportunities; write invention disclosures, and present new innovations at internal forums.
Provide Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, or equivalent, with 8+ years related work experience.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to understand system interfaces and be able to quickly analyze, troubleshoot, and determine root cause.
- Strong knowledge of a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system.
- Experience performing ECOs and creating/updating BOMs; SAP and Oracle is a plus.
- High proficiency using 3D CAD software; CREO/Windchill is a plus.
- Proficiency with Finite Element Analysis (FEA); CREO Simulate is a plus.
- Good knowledge of ANSI drafting standards and GD&T
- Excellent communication skills; must be able to clearly communicate technical content to peers and management, support conclusions and recommendations with calculations, test data, industry literature, etc.
- Demonstrated success in managing projects
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience developing under ISO 9001 quality management systems
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, or equivalent, with 6+ years related work experience.
- Experience designing fluidic devices (e.g. pumps, transducers, tubing, fittings) in the medical device or scientific instrument industry.
- Experience designing electro-mechanical devices.
- Strong knowledge of applied materials science.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing thermoplastic components, (machined and injection molded), including PEEK, PTFE, UHMW, and others.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing sheet metal.
- Experience with Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD); FloEFD is a plus
- Proficiency using common machine shop power tools (e.g. mill, lathe, drill-press).
Sujata Srivastav, Resource Executive, The Judge Group
151 S. Warner Rd, Suite 100, Wayne, PA 19087
( (610) 600-1028 | Toll-free (1800-339-8318 extn. 140
people powered business solutions