To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Elk Grove, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Deputy Project Manager
Dragados • Elk Grove, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Deputy Project Manager
Reports to (Title):
Plans, directs, and coordinates field operation activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Principal/Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage professional staff; responsible for project construction
- Plan, direct and oversee all field operations, including self-perform work and subcontracted work
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget
- Assist subordinate supervisors in maintaining production on budget and schedule. Chair the weekly schedule and productivity review meetings with subordinate supervisors
- Review project estimate or plan to determine schedule, estimated job cost, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project
- Understand project documents ie: completeness or inadequacies.
- Anticipate project needs with sufficient lead-time to avoid delay of production
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project, work closely with Human Resources in recruitment efforts as necessary
- Oversees coordination with project staff to outline work plans, assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority
- Review status and modify schedules or plans as required and prepares project reports for management, owners, and subcontractors
- Follow-up on directives to be continuously on the alert for situations that are not progressing productively and for opportunities to improve project performance
- Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems
- Work closely with Company employees, project supervisors, owners, external teams, and support people to get commitments regarding PM's managerial and supervisory requests
- Provide positive safety leadership to the project
- Review field operation and ensure that the project provides a safe workplace
- Coordinate the preparation and updating of the formal project construction schedule as required by the contract documents
- Coordinate resource use with project superintendent; for example, craft assignment, crew sizes, and project layout for offices, traffic flow, and material storage
- Responsible for claims management and documentation
- Coordinate material purchases, assure that subcontractor agreements are prepared and change orders are accurate and issued to owners, subcontractors and suppliers
- Develop, maintain business relationships and manage subcontractor, client/owner, engineers, JV partner(s), and unions if applicable
- Maintain relationships with contracting and regulatory agencies & executive management
- Participate in project presentations to elected officials, general public, and other stake holders
- Responsible for project closeout. Secure loose ends by finishing paperwork, obtaining retainages, supporting supervisors, and expediting claims
- Debriefing of project to review all positive and negative aspects after completion
- Able to confidently negotiate any & all matters on behalf of the Company as they relate to cost, schedule, & contract matters with Owner/Sub suppliers
- Knowledge and understanding of prevailing wage rules
Other Duties as Assigned or Requested
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field from an accredited four-year college or university, Civil Engineering or Construction Management preferred
- 15+ years of related construction and management experienced required
- Management experience in large Heavy Civil Infrastructure projects ($100M+)
- Federal, state and local knowledge and experience
- Knowledge and experience with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Goal oriented – able to set goals and achieve them
- Interpersonal – able to work well and persuade people at all organization levels
- Experience in Waste Water Treatment Plants, or similar projects, is a plus
- Experience in projects with PLA (Project Labor Agreement) in place, is a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities, Competencies
- Communication – excellent oral presentation and written skills
- Organizational ability – able to plan, prioritize, organize and monitor activities and projects. Able to work well in a group environment and foster a team approach
DRAGADOS USA, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER