Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We support a work environment where colleagues are respected and given the opportunity to perform to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants with a disability who need assistance applying for a position with Associated Bank are asked to email: Email blocked - click to apply or call: Phone number blocked - click to apply.
The employment policy of Associated Banc-Corp, and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Associated”) provides equal opportunity to all persons. We support a diverse and inclusive work environment where colleagues are respected, treated fairly, and given equal opportunities to perform to their fullest potential. We believe it is only with a diverse and inclusive workplace that the organization can truly perform at its best, carry out its vision, and make a difference for the communities we serve.
Performs the duties of a Relationship Banker and directly manages 1-5 bankers assigned to the branch. Serves as second in command when the Market Manager is out of the branch. Works collaboratively with the Teller Supervisor and sales partners to ensure established sales, service, operational and financial goals are met or exceeded.
Directs the day to day sales activities of the office striving to acquire new consumer and small business households, and cross-sell to new and existing households. Establishes a full-relationship with customers, personally committing to consistently exceed customer expectations every time, everywhere, by being able to meet a broad range of financial service needs and consistently pursues 100% of each customer's business. Leads by example in goal attainment.
A thorough mastery of the sales process, operational procedures, policies and the ability to make sound judgment decisions is required. Conducts observations and provides feedback and coaching to bankers. Conducts huddles, check-ins, and directly supervises all colleagues in the absence of the Market Manager.
This position requires a credit check per 12 CFR Chapter X, Part 1026, Truth in Lending, Regulation Z.
Responsible for selling Associated Bank products to existing customers and prospects. Responsible for expanding and deepening customer relationships by identifying and matching customer needs throughout Trust, Business Banking, Private Banking and Retail Departments.
As a valued colleague of Associated Bank you play a critical role in delivering an exceptional customer experience during every interaction. Expectations for this position require the ongoing focus on building solid and long lasting relationships by engaging all customers in a positive manner. Colleagues should provide customers a positive experience that includes undivided attention, straightforward and knowledgeable service and insure that the customer’s best interests are our number one priority. Consistency around customer experience guidelines is key and expected from all of our colleagues. Our goal is to simplify the customer experience and deliver outstanding service to every customer, every time.
Operates in full compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as applicable regulations and laws, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering and S.A.F.E. Act requirements. Must submit required information to meet registry requirements, obtain a unique identifier, and maintain the registration requirements as directed by the S.A.F.E Act.
Responsible to report any procedure or process that doesn’t meet regulatory requirements including fraud, whether suspected or confirmed, to management. This reporting can be done directly to any member of management, including Human Resources or Corporate Security, or can be reported through Associated’s anonymous Ethics Hotline.
KEY RESULT AREAS
Other Sales Management
Other Service Excellence
Other New business development and household acquisition
Regulation and Compliance
Other Branch Financial Performance
• Banker Responsibilities: Ensures positive customer experience by effectively executing the established sales process and customer experience requirements. Identify needs, present appropriate financial solutions and build beneficial long-term relationships with clients. Refer customers to business partners within and across lines of business who can best meet those needs.
• Directly supervise the bankers in the branch including having input for all hiring and performance management decisions. Work collaboratively with the Teller Supervisor to effectively schedule and manage the teller team. Consistently observe, coach and develop bankers. Serve as back-up to the Market Manager when they are out of the branch.
• Collaborates with the Teller Supervisor on procedures relating to office security including Monthly Audit Checklist requirements, security equipment testing, office security training and appropriate cash audits. Makes appropriate decisions regarding office security that will protect the organization, customers and colleagues against loss or fraud.
• Provides technical guidance and training to staff on operating procedures, monitors regulatory and compliance changes, and takes appropriate actions; ensures compliance with outside regulations and corporate Standard Operating Procedures.
• In consultation with management, establishes growth, sales and profit objectives for the branch; provides input to activities to achieve these objectives.
Required Education: High School or equivalent combination of education and experience
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience Business or related field
Required Experience: 2-4 years Demonstrated leadership and sales experience
Preferred Experience: Less than 2 years Supervisory or sales experience in a consumer banking environment
Special Skill Requirements:
Other: Customer Experience
Other: Mathematical and Financial
Operate Office Equipment
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other duties as assigned.
Adherence to Company policy and procedures is required.
Perform duties in accordance with the Vision & Values of Associated Banc-Corp.
Regular attendance is required.
Basic math and reading skills, and attention to detail.
Use of basic office equipment (e.g., photocopier, voice mail, "fax" machine, calculator, multiple line telephones, typewriter, computers etc.).
Represent the organization in a professional and positive manner.
Maintain credit exception approval percentages within corporate approved guidelines