Speech Therapist - Per Visit
U.S. Medical Management (USMM) is an affiliate of a leading Fortune 100 company. A national organization built on a continuum of care with premier healthcare providers, clinicians and patient focused individuals working together. Our Mission – “Through Compassionate Patient-Centered Care in the Home; We will Provide Exceptional Outcomes across our Continuum of Services” – Visiting Physicians Association, Pinnacle Senior Care, Grace Hospice, Comfort Hospice, Home DME & our In Home Health Assessments (IHA).
Our Values of Integrity, Respect, Teamwork & Excellence are leading us to a better tomorrow for patient care. Our Purposes Centered on “We are Unified in our Work through our Continuum of Services” “We can Find Comfort that We are Making a Difference for our Patients” & “We make a Broader Positive Impact on Society”, allows USMM to be poised for a phenomenal future.
We are seeking candidates who desire the experience of delivering quality & compassionate healthcare within proven care models with patients at the forefront of everything we do.
- Partnership with Visiting Physicians Association allows staff easy access to doctors to optimize quality patient care.
- #1 operating point of care system/ Home Care Home Base.
- Ready access to professional resources such as wound care and rehabilitation specialists.
- Weekly team conferences to optimize patient care through open discussion with the interdisciplinary team.
- Flexible scheduling with very limited on-call and weekend hours.
- A Competitive salary package which includes a 401k match.
- Mileage reimbursement.
- Fast advancement opportunities in a rapidly expanding innovative healthcare environment offering a clinical ladder.
- A unique opportunity to provide care with specialty programs that focus on disease pathology, Health Literacy, and treating the whole patient.
- Agency is a Member of the National Association for Home Care.
Under the general supervision of the Clinical Supervisor/Clinical Manager, the Speech Therapist provides speech therapy services, communicates the patient’s progress with other disciplines, and directs, supervises, and instructs home health aide staff in the provision of personal care to the patient.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the Physician’s order, admits patients eligible for home care services within 24-48 hours.
- Assesses and evaluates patient needs/problems, identifies mutually agreed upon goals with patients.
- Reports patient status and need for other disciplines to agency Clinical Supervisor and referring Physician. Reports to assigned follow-up Clinician as indicated.
- Develops a patient care plan that specifically addresses identified patient problems and goals. Updates care plans on an ongoing basis; revises and resolves patient problems and goals as changes occur and/or at recertification. Completed admission paperwork and patient care plan submitted to Clinical Supervisor per agency policy following the admission including completed and signed admission checklist.
- Provides speech therapy services including assessment, evaluation, procedures, teaching, and training activities as outlined in the patient Plan of Care.
- Provides speech therapy visits according to visit schedule and notifies agency of need to alter schedule in any way.
- Reports significant findings to patient’s Physician and Clinical Supervisor as they occur.
- Re-assess patient for effectiveness related to goals, continuing or discontinuing service, changes to goals or care plan update, objective evidence or statement of expectation of continued progress toward goals at the 13th and 19th visit, or at least every 30 days.
- If more than one therapy discipline is providing services, the re-assessment will be conducted on the 10th-13th visit or 16th -19th.
- Submits completed speech therapy visit notes; communication notes and home health aide supervisory notes per agency policy on designated days as requested by Clinical Supervisor
- Submits change orders per agency policy.
- Participates in Process Improvement (PI) program by assisting with collection of data and serves on PI team upon request.
- Performs all OASIS time point assessment per Medicare Criteria and submits recertification paperwork per agency policy and procedure
- Maintains open lines of communications to all members of the continuum of care team.
- Acts as a preceptor in the orientation of new physical therapy staff as requested.
- Attends staff meetings, team conferences and educational in-services per agency requirements.
- Participates in discharge planning process per Medicare Criteria and agency policy and procedure.
- Follows agency policies and procedures.
- Performs these and all other duties as assigned by the Administrator.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- A current unencumbered State professional license.
- One year experience as a home care, professional Speech Therapist and is competent in performing comprehensive assessment and OASIS-C.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An automobile to be used for work, current Driver’s License, good driving record and proof of insurance.
- Proficiency in personal computer use, including e-mail, clinical, word processing, and spreadsheet software.
- The ability to assess and document patient needs and formulate individualized patient care plans to meet those needs.
- Proficiency in clinical skills.
Speech Language Pathology