Genesis Alkali is the world’s largest natural soda ash mine and production site, offering a secure, reliable and diverse range of high-quality product choices. Alkali mines and processes trona ore and manufactures soda ash that is used in the production of glass, detergents, chemical manufacturing, pulp and paper production, and water treatment. It also produces sodium bicarbonate and other chemical compounds used in common industrial, agricultural, and household applications. Our main Alkali operations are in Green River, Wyoming, home of the world's largest trona ore deposit, with a corporate office in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Genesis Alkali, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Genesis Energy, L.P., (NYSE: GEL). Genesis Energy is a growth-oriented master limited partnership headquartered in Houston, Texas. Through four divisions: offshore pipeline transportation, sodium minerals and sulfur services, marine transportation and onshore facilities and transportation, we provide an integrated suite of services to refineries, oil producers, and industrial and commercial enterprises. For more information visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Genesis Alkali Mine Engineering Intern 2022 or alkali.genesisenergy.com.
Why Join Genesis Alkali?
- Excellent pay and benefits
- Safe and responsible operations
- Career development and growth opportunities
Posting Title: Genesis Alkali Mine Engineering Intern 2022
Internal Title: Mine Engineering Intern
Location: Green River, WY
Estimated start: May 2022
Estimated end: August 2022
The Genesis Alkali Internship Program is an exciting seasonal opportunity to apply classroom learning in a real-world setting. For 12-14 weeks beginning in May, work alongside our employees in the mine, processing plants, and offices to complete projects that directly impact the business. Each intern will have at least one summer-long project to complete related to their field of study, as well as the opportunity to identify additional needs and assist in longer-term projects. The summer internship concludes with a presentation by each intern focused on the results of the focus project and the intern experience.
• Safety and Environmental support and optimization
• MOC process
• ISO system
• Process and product improvement and development
• Mine engineering and process support
• Project documentation including control narratives
• Process troubleshooting
• Mine and site project development and execution
• Execute primary project from design to completion
• Support projects within the department
• Collaborate with other functions on site as needed
• Present work, including power point and technical reports as needed
• Additional duties may be assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
• Enrollment in an accredited program for Mine Engineering or a related field
• Good academic standing
• Demonstrated Leadership capability through scholastic or community involvement
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to fit test for appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Power-Point)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• 2+ years college enrollment
• GPA 3.0 or above
• Previous internship experience
• SAP or Oracle experience
Final determination on pay will be made by HR and company leadership holistically considering the candidate's education, experience, past performance, demonstrated leadership and influence.
Genesis Alkali is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or citizenship.
Job Start Date
:Monday, May 9, 2022
Job End Date
:Friday, September 2, 2022
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Power Point