To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Marinette, WI 54143
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Bay Area Medical Center • Marinette, WI
Posted 30 days ago
Healthcare - Health Services
Health Care, Nurse
Perform total patient care utilizing the nursing process in collaboration with physicians and other health care providers, with an emphasis on antepartum, labor, post partum, newborn, and gynecological patients. Demonstrate professional nursing skills through effective leadership, nursing judgement, informed decision making, problem resolution, and appropriate utilization of resources. Provide care for patients according to the standards of care specific to age and the individuals needs. Essential Functions:
1. Understand and live BAMC’s mission and values.
2. Perform patient care and collaborate with other health care providers to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care.
3. Include fetus in assessment of antepartum and laboring patient, utilizing electric fetal monitoring as part of the assessment tools.
4. Assesses newborn according to standards, recognizing and following through on deviations from the standard.
5. Perform patient education, evaluating patient learning ability and response to teaching, demonstrating the ability to adjust care and teaching to the age and emotional status as well as the social and cultural needs of the patient.
6. Recognizes and acts upon Obstetric and Neonatal emergencies appropriately.
7. Delegate and/or assist aspect of care to team members and review on completion.
8. Communicate work performance expectations to individual staff members. Discuss noncompliance with the individual and report occurrence to Director in a timely manner.
9. Takes responsibility for maintaining technological skills obtained in learning and in practice.
10. Demonstrate problem-solving skills in situations involving physicians, visitors, patients, and staff and collaborate with the Director.
11. Promote and maintain confidentiality.
12. Demonstrate adaptability to changing nursing trends.
13. Understands and adheres to JCAHO standards as they apply to nursing profession.
14. Communicate pertinent information regarding patient, physician, personnel concerns, and unit activities to the Director.
15. Maintain competencies identified annually within the department.
16. Participate in planning changes and improvements.
17. Assure responsibility for own personal and professional growth.
18. Floats as requested to other departments according to “float policy”.
19. Demonstrates positive customer service skills and meets Service Care Standards.
20. Must be able to complete the physical sensory and mental requirements of the position.
21. Participates in on-call rotation for low census situations. Additional Responsibilities:
• Participates in orientation of new employees in clinical situations.
• Participates in hospital wide and/or department specific committees.
• Participates in patient satisfaction promotion.
• Attend Fetal Monitoring course/seminar during first year of employment (if no previous experience).
• Additional duties as may be assigned by your Director/Supervisor.
• Current registration in State of Wisconsin.
• Current American Heart Association BLS and Neonatal Resuscitation Program completion.
• Experience in Labor, Delivery, Post Partum, and Nursery required.
• Certification in related area preferred. Working Conditions: Potential exposure to Latex products, blood borne pathogens, hazardous materials, and communicable diseases.
Job ID: 2576
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.