Seeking an experienced Field Service Electrician who provides preventative and corrective field mechanical service on motors, generators, breakers and control panels, and other rotating electrical equipment on-site at client locations as well as in the Shop Environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Work primarily off-site with minimal supervision, properly use diagnostic tooling and literature to troubleshoot machine systems and components. This involves travel to customer sites worldwide (land and offshore) by vehicle, helicopter/plane, boat, etc. (may be for extended periods of time).
- Work as needed at in-house service center when not in the field.
- Prepare various reports as directed to maintain accurate records on equipment and preventative maintenance.
- Maintain accurate and thorough records of services performed; legibly transfer records to Service Repair Order (SRO) upon completion of each service assignment and communicate to Service Manager upon completion of assignment.
- Effectively communicate to customer agents in regards to diagnosis and possible repair options available; obtain proper customer authorization.
- Work within all safety parameters set up by company and all customer sponsored safety programs while performing work at their locations.
- Maintain weekly paperwork and timesheets.
- Must be knowledgeable in generator theory of operation as it pertains to troubleshooting of non-functioning equipment.
- Basic understanding of electrical troubleshooting of HMI panels, low voltage control panels, wiring diagram construction and interpretation to assist in troubleshooting of electrical components/wiring faults.
- Understanding of analog control systems as well as digital control systems as it pertains to generator operation and control.
- Knowledgeable in Automatic Voltage Regulator operations and diagnosis of Basler, Marathon, Stamford/Newage, AVK.
Operational knowledge of paralleling and non-paralleling control panels.
- Must have the ability to discuss abstract and complicated problems with peers in the industry.
- Must be willing to work weekends and overtime as required - 24/7 On-Call status
- Travel is required, 75%. Travel may be for extended periods of time
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- The employee is frequently exposed to humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually above normal conditions.
We offer our employees competitive pay, excellent benefits, including health insurance, 401k with match, paid holidays/personal/sick days, bonuses.
Education and/or Experience:
Certificates, Licenses, Training
- High school diploma required; one year certificate from technical school preferred; or six to twelve months' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Required to work in shop environment or accompany senior technicians for a training period of at least 6 months prior to going on assignments.
- Periodic training is also required.
Computer and Equipment Skills
- Must have the ability to obtain a passport and TWIC card.
- A valid driver's license and required auto insurance coverage.
- Forklift and overhead crane certification required.
: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient with and flexibility in learning computer software programs including but not limited to:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Windows as well as OEM software programs.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, bend, stretch, stand, lift and/or move up to 60 pounds unrestricted as position requires the ability to work off of a man lift, ladders, and scaffolding.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required for the feet, head, ears, and eyes in shop or safety sensitive areas.
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (Twic) Card