To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Burlington, MA 01803
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
New Business Development Director, Opportunity Assessment
Rogers Corporation • Burlington, MA
Posted 26 days ago
Who We Are and What We Are All About:
Help build a cleaner, safer and more connected world through a career with Rogers Corporation. At Rogers, our innovative materials technologies enable breakthroughs in clean technology, internet connectivity, mass transit and more -- but it’s our people that set us apart. Integrity and respect are at the heart of how we work. We excel at building enduring relationships that foster trust with our colleagues and business partners. We work creatively and cross-functionally a rewarding work environment. For a brighter tomorrow, explore Rogers today across the globe to deliver unique solutions to our customers in the United States, Europe and Asia.
The New Business Development Director, Opportunity Assessment will work with the Innovation Center team and Business Units (BUs) to identify, evaluate and pursue emergent commercial opportunities as a creation vehicle for new innovation platforms to drive sustainable new future revenue growth. This position reports to the Sr. Vice President and Chief Technology Officer.
1. Lead effort to commercially assess and validate Innovation Center projects as a means to grow our early-stage portfolio - 20%
2. Develop deep understanding of value drivers in target markets and identify/validate unmet needs in emerging opportunities - 15%
3. Quantify addressable market, assess Rogers’ right to win and identify key gaps that needed to be addressed (technical, commercial, etc) to be successful in product development - 10%
4. Collaborate with technical, commercial and functional teams within Rogers as well as with external development partners to create strategies and plans to address gaps and capitalize on opportunities - 10%
5. Develop quantitative understanding of value creation opportunity and high level financial models - 10%
6. Lead commercial validation efforts with customers - 10%
7. Identify and leverage outside expertise, as needed to achieve key deliverables. - 5%
8. License or acquire technology, as needed to create innovation platforms. - 10%
9. Lead effort to fully validate new platforms and gain early market traction via development of early prototypes or similar ‘proof point’ data - 5%
10. Support commercial transition of new platform opportunities to business units for product development - 5%
Why work for Rogers
With an outstanding work environment, vast developmental opportunities, and a top- notch benefit package, it is no wonder a majority of our employees have been with us longer than 10 years. Come join a winning team!
Rogers Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
How You Can Apply for this Position
Visit us at: www.rogerscorp.com/careers to apply!
About Rogers Corporation:
Rogers Corporation (NYSE:ROG) is a global leader in engineered materials to power, protect and connect our world. With more than 180 years of materials science and engineering experience, Rogers delivers high performance solutions that enable clean energy, internet connectivity, and safety and protection applications, as well as other technologies where reliability is critical. Rogers delivers Power Electronics Solutions for energy-efficient motor drives, vehicle electrification and alternative energy; Elastomeric Materials Solutions for sealing, vibration management, and impact protection in mobile devices, transportation interiors, industrial equipment and performance apparel; and Advanced Connectivity Solutions for wireless infrastructure, automotive safety and radar systems. Headquartered in Connecticut (USA), Rogers operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, China, Germany, Belgium, Hungary, and South Korea, with joint ventures and sales offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.rogerscorp.com.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS in electronics or materials related technical field
- >5 years market assessment and strategy experience
- Experience working collaboratively with internal technical teams, development partners, and customers
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong business acumen
- Customer focused, a willing attitude and a team player
- Ability to quickly gain a working understanding of new technology
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work with and influence cross functional teams
Preferred Education and Experience:
- PhD/MS in electronics or materials field
- Proven track record in creating value from new technology
- IP management and licensing experience
- Experience in developing business plans
- Financial modeling experience
This position requires indirect supervisory responsibility.