About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
About Gray IT Tech:
This is a work from home remote position with the Corporate Technology IT Services Team.
Gray Television is looking for a full-time IT Technical Support Specialist to join the corporate helpdesk team in providing support for our television stations. The position trains and assists local station IT Managers with managing servers, printers, backups, end-user applications, basic IP networking skills, and all other related systems and equipment.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide support and training for local IT Managers at TV stations
• Manage Windows and Mac desktops and laptops
• Build and manage Windows servers, file shares, backups, and plans for disaster recovery
• Manage local Active Directory user accounts, passwords, and access to local resources
• Install and support client applications
• Work with Corporate IT to support local employees use of company applications
• Work with Corporate IT to administer, and troubleshoot edge network equipment, to include routers and firewalls
• Process trouble tickets in the company helpdesk system
• Possibility of limited travel to local TV stations
• Be available for after-hours support as needed
• A minimum of three years’ experience working in an IT support environment
• Experience managing Windows and Mac desktops and laptops
• Experience managing Windows Servers including network file shares and applications
• Experience managing Windows Active Directory, including ADUC, DNS, DHCP, and GPO
• Experience with virtual server and virtual application environments like VMware and Citrix is helpful
• Experience with backup applications like Veeam and Backblaze
• Basic to intermediate IP networking skills, to include understanding of IP addressing, subnet masks, routes, default gateways, and VLANs
• Ability to provide clear and precise verbal/written instruction
• Understanding and use of IP networking tools such as ping, traceroute, whois, ipconfig, and nslookup
• Eagerness to take on new projects with minimal supervision and a focus on best practice implementations
• Strong communication skills, excellent problem-solving skills, and a positive, customer-oriented mindset
• Previous television IT support is helpful and preferred
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST (REMOTE/USA) - TECH, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
- Active Directory Group
- Citrix Systems
- Disaster Recovery
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol