Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
As the Associate Systems Management Analyst, you will be responsible for monitoring and operating computer and peripheral equipment: review, analyze, and modify programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for large-scale computer systems. Evaluate system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility. Provide expertise in software systems programming, operating software applications, consulting on complex projects/existing applications, timely completion of scheduled jobs, and overall operating systems. Also includes overseeing environments’ health and facilitation of high severity incidents to improve the state of service availability and continuity. Develop processes and activities that focus on restoring service after an incident occurs. Document all hardware, application, facility, etc. problems and take corrective action as required.
Schedule: 6a-3pm CST Mon-Fri and On-Call Rotation for holidays and weekends
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Monitoring Infrastructure, Apps and Jobs and validate overall environment health
- Acknowledge, validate, and correlate monitoring alert
- Proactively monitor and trend component/application/product performance and degradation
- Identify impact and prioritize incidents based on LHI definition and guidelines
- Initiate and facilitate High Priority Incident Management War Rooms
- Utilizing general knowledge of server, network, database, storage, web, and load balancing technologies to direct restoration efforts
- Provide Alert on, status of and explanations of High Priority incidents to IT team and business stakeholders
- Perform manual application testing to ensure systems are available and functioning
- Complete 'check-out' of all critical applications after change and incidents to identity possible business impact
- Initiate and Facilitate Proactive Problem Management
- Facilitate Reactive Problem Management
- Maintain Contact Info and On Call schedules for IT Staff
- Maintain TCC process and procedure documentation
- Participate in Change/Release Checkout verification
- When applicable support/assist other IT Operations teams with tasks
- Analyzes and investigates
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years IT Experience
- Knowledge of IT Infrastructure (servers, network, database, storage, web applications, and load balancing technologies)
- Knowledge of web, application, and data architectures
- Proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, Internet Explorer
- Track record of learning new tools and technologies
- US Citizen with ability to obtain a DOD Security Clearance
- Ability to obtain favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Associate Systems Management Analyst - Remote
- Monitoring tools experience such as Solarwinds, Dynatrace, Pingdom, or similar
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- ITIL Certification
- IT Operations Experience (Infrastructure, Application or Operations Center)
- Incident and Problem Management experience
- Understanding of existing LHI technology and business operations
- Detail and results-oriented, with ability to adhere to operational process and procedures
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
As a requirement of UnitedHealth Group's contract with the Department of Defense, this position requires U.S. citizenship and proof of favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense Click here to apply to Associate Systems Management Analyst - Remote Form SF86, (the National Agency Check Legal and Credit or NACLC). Successful completion of the NACLC process is a requirement for continued employment in this role. NACLC processing will be initiated by our TRICARE Security Officer post-offer and can take 3-6 months for a final decision communication from the Department of Defense. Candidates will be allowed to begin employment with UnitedHealth Group in this role based on an interim clearance, and final results will be communicated as they are received. Failure to obtain final NACLC approval will result in termination from this role
Optum, a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, continues to evolve and make a bigger impact through its extensive expertise in combining technology, data and people to create novel health care solutions and services across the globe is following suit by creating and delivering care that meets the health needs of active duty service members, veterans and their families. We're partnering with federal and state government agencies to meet the readiness and health needs of active duty military members and veterans by providing preventive health screenings and assessments to ensure that troops are ready to answer the call of duty. For those who want to intensify their impact in a career that brings together challenge, learning and growth, OptumServe is the right place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington Residents Only: The hourly range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington residents is $27.07 to $53.08. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.