Cert. Administrative - Assistant Principal / Dean/Assistant Principal / DeanDate Posted:
On Time Grad AcademyDate Available:
Advanced Virtual Academy
Salary Maximum (Depending on Experience):
Dean of Students High School JOB CODE:
AP/Dean Salary Structure CONTRACT LENGTH:
Varies IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR:
Principal POSITION SUMMARY:
Counsels and disciplines students; supervises teacher instruction; performs administrative tasks including four-year graduation plans (if High School); enters and withdraws students, and monitors student attendance. ILLUSTRATIVE DUTIES:
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Education:
- Counsel and discipline students.
- Supervise teacher instruction.
- Supervise general administrative tasks.
- Schedule students into classes. Withdraw students.
- Prepare four-year graduation plans.
- Monitor students' attendance.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Master's degree from accredited college or university required
- Mid-Management Certification
- At least three years of classroom teaching and/or school administrative experience required.
- Ability to use district administrative software.
- Proficiency in the state teacher appraisal system (PDAS).
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms with all levels of management, both internal and external to the district.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internal and external to the district.
- Ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into focus; judge distance (close and distant); reach with arms extended and use hands to manipulate the keyboard.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds, stoop, kneel, crouch, walk, twist, bend, climb, and/or be mobile.
- Ability to travel throughout the district and city.
- Valid Texas Driver's License with appropriate insurance coverage.
- Computer Keyboards
- Personal Digital Assistant