To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Westerville, OH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Associate Billing Representative - Westerville, OH
UnitedHealth Group • Westerville, OH
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
- Prepares customer invoices, including reviewing internal customer quotes and provider invoices and calculating and entering billing amounts.
- Researches and resolves billing and provider issues by communicating with outside providers and internal customers and departments.
- Prints, reviews, assembles, and mails invoices, reports, and other time sensitive material while ensuring proper documentation and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Verifies transaction data by balancing daily billing reports.
- Sets up and maintains department files.
- Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality under requirements of federal and state law, including HIPAA, and in accordance with Progressive Medical and/or StoneRiver Pharmacy Solutions policy.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Proficiency with Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Available to work 40 hours per week within the operating hours of the site (Monday through Friday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm with overtime options)
- Some College or higher
- Billing experience
- Knowledge of Revenue Life Cycle
- Prior stable work experience
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: billing, claims, medical claims, healthcare claims, office, UnitedHealth Group, Optum, training class, adjustments, phone support