What You Will Do:
I. General Summary
Under general supervision responsible for installation, configuration, and maintenance of the operating system workstations and servers, includes web servers, in support of business processing requirements. Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
II. Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Ensure assigned file servers are maintained at optimum level for performance. Ensures that file server(s) is operational, connected to network and users can perform normal activities with respect to the LAN.
2. Monitors file server(s) performance. Ensures file server is connected to network and user applications are operational. Ensures integrity of operating system software by maintaining current version with software patches and/or upgrades. Ensures that Server security is maintained and that backups are run on regular basis.
3. Independently troubleshoots moderate to complex user problem calls to resolve hardware, software and user training issues.
4. Provides technical guidance to customer base in the use of supported software products and loads workstation software in accordance with established UMMC standards.
5. Analyzes user needs and develops recommendations for submission to department. Conducts testing of user software against standard suite of supported software for department use.
6. Installs or relocates computer equipment, such as PCs, modems, terminals, printers, servers and other associated hardware ensuring access to electricity, network and telephone equipment in accordance with established UMMS standards.
7. Assigns and maintains records of IP addresses, PC configurations, or other required documentation for assigned LAN(s).
8. In coordination with departmental management, ensures computer systems meet regulatory agency requirements.
9. Collects and analyzes real-time trending information.
10. Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
11. Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
12. Supports media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services.
13. Develops and promotes standard operating procedures. Conducts routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
14. Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation.
What You Need to Be Successful:
III. Education and Experience
1. High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) is required. Additional certifications may be required.
2. Five years experience dealing with Microsoft Servers, Microsoft Networks, desktop computing and large scale application systems.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Repairing (Computer Systems)
Server (Computer Science)