COMPANY OVERVIEW: Catholic Charities is the social ministry outreach of the Archdiocese of Washington. We believe in strengthening the lives of all in need by giving help that empowers and hope that lasts. Catholic Charities works to create a world in which every person is cherished, regardless of individual limitations, and strengthened in the use of personal gifts in order to reach his or her full potential as a valued member of the community. We are looking for exceptional people who share our vision and values.
Inspiring Hope. Building Futures.
JOB SUMMARY: The Nurse Practitioner provides professional and compassionate health care to adult clients and ensures that quality of care standards are met in the delivery of health care services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide primary and secondary health care services for clients with acute and chronic illness according to clinic protocols and refer clients for tertiary care as indicated.
- Perform nurse practitioner duties including physical assessment, diagnosis, treatment, medication prescription, and referral.
- Delegate responsibilities to registered nurse and medical assistants in order to carry out plan of care for client.
- Serve as the primary care provider for patients enrolled in Montgomery Cares (MC) and all other carriers.
- Provide follow-up care for clients including review of laboratory reports and consults done by specialists or other facilities and provide recommendations for follow-up care.
- Implement health education and disease prevention activities. Participate in outreach events.
- Ensure the safety and privacy of patients.
- Assist in maintaining quality program practices, ensuring compliance with best practice standards, contract grant requirements, and agency practices and procedures.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Master of Science degree as a Nurse Practitioner from an accredited school of nursing.
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) MD license.
- Two years of clinical experience, including at least 1 year of directly related community health/primary care experience.
- Experience working with the Latino and immigrant communities.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
SKILLS and COMPETENCIES:
- Bilingual, Spanish-English.
- Ability to handle stress and work in challenging environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Registered Nurse Certified
Basic Life Support
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse