As a Mortgage Loan Officer, you may look forward to:
- Providing service to applicants and prospective customers seeking a home loan, including interviewing, pre-qualification and pre-approval.
- Completing application and gathering supporting documentation.
- Reviewing and completing regulatory disclosures with customer.
- Maintaining existing and generating new sources of referral business.
- Quoting interest rates and securing pricing through the Secondary Marketing Department on behalf of the Customer.
- Collecting required application fees.
- Inputting application data into Loan Origination Software (LOS).
- Utilizing automated underwriting systems (AUS) to obtain credit recommendations.
- Communicating with customers, both internal and external, regarding the status of the loan and relaying information to all interested parties.
- Communicating with all parties in a professional and courteous manner.
- Managing his/her pipeline of loans to verify accuracy of the current loan status.
- Acknowledging and abiding by TowneBank Mortgage Policies and Procedures.
- Mentoring other Loan Officers.
- Relaying to Senior Management any industry changes or trends that may be of interest to them.
- Participating in Towne Bank, TowneBank Mortgage, and area association events.
- Actively participating in all aspects of the Real Estate Office sales meetings and office functions:
- Preparing Mortgage Minutes for presentation at each sales meeting.
- Providing on-going training for the real estate agents (lunch and learns).
- Working closely with the Broker/Sales Manager
- Attending Loan Officer Meetings.
- Representing the bank with active participation in approved community outreach functions for the purpose of enhancing our image and developing new business opportunities.
- Obeying all applicable federal laws, rules, and regulations relating to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
You are a person that (required skills):
- Has a valid NMLS number.
- Has at least 1-year experience originating VA, FHA, Conventional and VHDA loans.
- Has a proven sales record based on closed loan production.
- Currently possess sources of referral business for purchase transactions.
- Has a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Has an awareness of FNMA/FHLMC, FHA, VA and VHDA underwriting guidelines.
You’ll be better prepared if you have (desired skills):
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Working knowledge of Encompass software.
Physically you can anticipate to:
- Express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word via email and verbally
- Exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, use your arms and legs, and sit most of the time
- Have close visual acuity to perform activities such as analyzing data, viewing a computer terminal, reading, and preparing documentation
- Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
Bank Secrecy Act
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: HPWTO02176
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.