To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Watertown, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Security Operations Center (SOC) Officer
Allied Universal • Watertown, MA
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Allied Universal is currently seeking a Part time Security Operations Center (SOC) Security Officer for our Corporate Client located in Watertown, MA
Part time Openings - minium of 24 hours per week on during the evening and overnights
Employee referral program
Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k
- Union Site
- Restaurants on site. Panera Bread, Casa de Pedro, Branchline, Food trucks every day.
- Boston Sports Club and Bright Horizons day care on site (AUS employees get a discount on both)
- Shuttle bus services from Back Bay, North Station, and other local areas. Employees can use these services free of charge.
- Free campus parking
- Valid Driver's License for more than 1 year
- Must be comfortable using a computer/tablet
- Must be comfortable with access control
Ideal candidate should possess the following:
Exceptional customer service provider
Great communication skills, both written and verbal
Candidate should be comfortable using both computers and tablets
Valide Drivers' License for more than 1 year
Military experience a plus
Starting hourly pay: $20.00 an hour
Allied Universal Services is currently searching for a Professional Security Operations Center (SOC) Security Officer.
Professional Security Operations Center Officer (SOC) is very important to the safety and security of our clients’ facilities. Our professional SOC officers allow us to accomplish our company’s core purpose, which is “to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in our communities”. The SOC security officer will be a key contributor to the security operations team in the event of a crisis situation that would threaten the safe and secure business operations. This could include, but is not limited to: natural disasters, workplace violence, facility emergencies, fire and issues of serious injury or illness. Professional Security Operations Center Officer positions require heavy use of computer operating systems, such as Microsoft and other operating systems.
The Professional SOC Security Officer may be asked to perform many essential functions at the facility where they work. Although not an exhaustive list, these are a few of them:
- Ensures that the facility is provided with high-quality security services to protect people and property
- Communicates effectively with the security and safety teams at the facility to assure business continuity
- Builds, improves and maintains effective relationships with both client employees and guests
- Answers phones, greets guests and employees
- Monitors closed circuit television systems and alarms
- Monitors and operates facility computers systems regularly, as assigned
- Remains flexible to ever changing environment; adapts well to different situations
- Reports safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing
- Handles security issues or emergency situations appropriately. Contacts Emergency Services, such as EMT, Fire Dept., etc.
- Fully embraces security/safety training programs to enhance their ability to advance in their careers
- Participates in industry specific security/safety training programs to offer our clients the best trained officers at their sites
- Maintains awareness of and familiarity with the site-specific operations performance manual and post orders
Physical and Mental Functions:
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Run as needed
- Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
Qualified applicants for the SOC Officer position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least 18 years of age
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
- Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
- Must be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test
- As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty
- Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Remain flexible to ever changing environments; adapt well to different situations
- Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard;
- Neat and professional appearance
- Ability to provide quality customer service
- Ability to handle both common and crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Allied Universal will provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws. We are committed to hiring veterans and reservists. Since 2013, we have hired over 25,000 heroes.