Job Posting Title
Maintenance MechanicPosition Summary
The Maintenance Mechanic conducts repairs to the physical plant and plant equipment, conducts preventative maintenance and project work and ensures continuous operation of mechanical and electrical systems on mobile and fixed manufacturing equipment.
Challenges and Responsibilities:
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic components, conveyor systems, and production machines. Follow diagrams, sketches, manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications. Troubleshoot malfunctions.
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems and using precision measuring and testing instruments
- Install new machinery and/or equipment by installing utilities to and between machines and equipment using hand and power tools and test equipment
- Repair electrical systems and equipment by diagnosing malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixture and determining faulty wiring. Additionally handle inspecting and testing malfunctioning machinery
- Repair and replace faulty electrical components by using testing equipment and hand tools to install relays, switches, motors, printed circuit boards, and position-sensing devices
- Troubleshoot and maintain equipment including but not limited to:
- High-speed horizontal and vertical carton machines
- Bag machines
- Moguls and related equipment such as pumps, conveyors, printers, tapers etc.
- Rebuild machinery as wear and tear occurs
- Perform routine preventative maintenance per established preventative maintenance program
- Fabricate and repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment
- Maintain equipment, parts and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipate needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt
- Understand and demonstrate the Company’s core values and operating principles
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, GMP and safety standards; ensure adherence with AIB, SQF and other relevant standards
Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience
- 3 plus years of proven experience working with high speed packaging equipment and related food production machinery.
- Strong troubleshooting and repair skills.
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, and pneumatics
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to walk or stand for prolonged periods; ability to bend, stoop, reach and lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; ability to understand detailed written and/or oral instructions including basic mathematical skills
This position requires knowledge and awareness of manufacturing and industrial sites. Protective gear will be required where appropriate. Position requires ability to work overtime, varying start times and weekends dependent on business needs.