Job ID: 157020
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Infrastructure is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
URL blocked - click to apply from URL blocked - click to apply on URL blocked - click to apply.
URL blocked - click to apply
Job Description Summary
The Batch Plant Operator will perform a wide range of duties in the plant including, but not limited to -
- Retrieves, inspects, and prepares product to customer supplied specifications. Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Operates Mixer Machine and Batch Plant (Command Alkon)
- Uses overhead crane to pour concrete
- Maintain records of production and quality issues as specified
- Notify supervisor of non-conforming product or problems with machine, materials, etc.
- Communicate production issues with other employees and supervisors
- Read job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements
- Review product for inconsistencies or abnormal appearance assuring product meets quality requirements
- Perform routine machine maintenance
- Basic understanding of electronics and programmable controllers
- Know the basics of hydraulics, electricity and tools
- Assist other operators to set up machines and any other necessary tasks to adhere to deadlines and completion of product
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- Understand and apply safe use and operation of the equipment and communicates with other employees about safety-related matters
- Knowledge of concrete fundamentals
- Concrete finishing experience
- ACI Field Testing Certified preferred, or ability or obtain certification within 6 months
- At least 2 years experience running a batch plant preferred
- Experience operating Command Alkon preferred
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. occasionally
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this URL blocked - click to apply.
Programmable Logic Controllers