Account Manager, MiningTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The ABB's Process Industries team engineers and delivers automation solutions from device to monitoring and control, ensuring our customers get the most out of their investment. Our digitalization solutions help improve plant and enterprise productivity, while reducing maintenance and energy costs. Deep domain knowledge enables us to truly understand and address the challenges and opportunities of Industrial Automation.
For our Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose.
This role reports to Operations Manager.Your responsibilities
- Accelerate ABB footprint growth in mining. Integrity, safety, customer focus & collaboration are pillars of our work. ABB Values guide all our efforts.
- Exceed assigned Process Industries orders received (OR) & gross margin (GM) budget. Primary focus is on penetration and capturing maximum share of customer spend.
- Lead early engagement with End-users, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM's) and Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Management (EPCM) at all levels with in assigned territory. Responsible for active prospecting, developing & winning opportunities.
- Establish and lead ABB teams for best in class customer experience by becoming a trusted advisor for customers. Frequently travel to customer sites. Develop and maintain relationships at all levels of customer organizations.
- Improve portfolio visibility by engaging in creation of application sales collateral (such as value-added white papers), support in customer presentations, active participation in industry events, application training classes, competitive intelligence, social media, etc.
- Maintain an active sales pipeline at a minimum of triple the budget rate. Gather timely feedback on customer budget and ABB offer position. A key outcome is ability to rank the customers by their propensity to spend and specific customer/project activities.
- Collaborate with market segment & proposal managers to develop strategic pursuit plans. Actively participate in review/analysis of customer specifications, go/no go review, ensure on-time response, provides target market price and position Return on investment (ROI) as part of our offerings. Prepare value proposals if required, responsible for ABB’s on-time response to customer requests.
- ABB CRM is Salesforce, ensure that projects, opportunities, customer interface reports, account plans and contacts are documented/updated in Salesforce in a timely fashion.
- Bachelor’s degree with 10 years of exposure to process industries (Mining, Aluminum & Cement, Pulp & Paper, Food & Beverage, Data centers) is required.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Experience and understanding of electrification & automation solutions for process industrial applications.
- Experience related to large project engineering/execution/construction approaches preferred.
- Engineering, Technology and/or Project Management designation.
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial character, sense of urgency and drive for results, motivated, positive outlook, willingness to take on new, complex and unfamiliar tasks.
- Must be detail oriented, able to multi-task in a team environment and create positive collaboration with co-workers, suppliers & customers.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills with customers and co-workers are critical.
- Must always look for win-win solutions.
- Strong computer skills: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and various Internet-based applications.
- Experience with Salesforce, SAP, accounting / financial transactions, contractual law.
- Bilingualism preferred, verbal and written - English and Spanish.
- Travel required up to 50%
More about us
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Account Manager, Mining http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at
or by sending an email to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Account Manager, Mining
. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
- Attention To Detail
- Self Motivation
- Positive Attitude