Medical Social Worker (MSW)
The medical social worker is responsible for the implementation of standards of care for medical social work services.
- Assesses the psychosocial status of patients related to the patient’s illness and environment and communicates findings to the registered nurse.
- Carries out social evaluations and plans intervention based on evaluation findings.
- Provides patient, caregiver, and family counseling.
- Assists physician and other teams members in understanding significant social and emotional factors related to health problems.
- Provides information and referral services for Organization patients and families/caregivers regarding practical and environmental needs.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with Organization personnel to support patient care.
- Maintains and develops contracts with public and private agencies as resources for patient and organization personnel.
- Must have a master’s or doctoral degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- Minimum of one year's social work experience in health care setting.
- Experience in a home health care preferred.
- Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
At Islands Home Health, we believe in making sure that we have the right team in place. Our team is skilled and passionate about providing care that exceeds expectations. We have created a culture of teamwork and support for our staff that is unlike any in the industry. This allows our talented team to focus on what they do best.
Will you live CAPLICO?
Customer Second (Employee First)
Passion For Learning
Love One Another
Intelligent Risk Taking
We would love to meet you and hear your commitment to live CAPLICO with us.
In addition to hiring a medical social worker who exhibits the above qualities that help us create a world class culture, we offer competitive wages, mentorship and training for new graduates, tuition reimbursement for our employees, and dependent care and public transportation FSAs. Also, we offer cell phone and movie ticket discounts, 401(k) with matching contributions, career advancement opportunities, and medical, dental, and health insurance.
Take a look at these benefits (and more!) at [ Link removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.
[ Link removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply
Medical Social Work