Efficiency & Operations Lead (Food Safety, Production, HACCP, Lean Manufacturing)
Will be responsible for introducing leading-edge technologies, systems and processes to create streamlined, cost-efficient and technically advanced Food Production operations. Good Plant Operations, excellent General Management skills, experience working in Food Industry; Skills in Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, Production/ Warehouse GMP Operations Efficiencies, Budgeting, Strategic Production Planning, Forecasting, HACCP, and Employee Team Building. Driving organizational change and improvements. Leading compliance and Food Safety initiatives ensuring food products meet the established standards of quality. She/he will assist the Sr. Manager of Food Safety and Quality Assurance (QA) in drafting, implementing and enforcing company-wide compliance with quality policies and procedures. She/he will manage Quality Assurance (QA) process upgrades; and streamline the administrative and procedural activities that promote safety, compliance, traceability, and profitability. Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Implement, optimize and maintain Quality Assurance (QA) database for all documentation related to compliance and regulatory requirements (i.e. HACCP/ SQF)
- Champion the seamless implementation of available tools to streamline operations, QA, jumpstart food safety processes, and harness data more profitably.
- Using Statistical Process Control and Six Sigma techniques to identify, resolves, and communicate quality issues. Further, analyze data to assist manufacturing in improving processes.
- Optimize and streamline the collection/compiling of statistical quality data and preparation of quality reports.
- Optimize document management for audits. Audits, Forms, and Data Management
- Implement solutions for automating and documenting food processing operations.
- Identify and introduce technologies available for Food Safety, Food Processing and Compliance
- Support optimization and production efficiency tools; drive updates and continuous improvement to minimize loss of time and materials, minimize waste and downtime, enhance output and safety while spearheading necessary automation of production processes; optimization overhaul
- Work closely with a team of QA, Production, Food Safety and Quality professionals
- Development of sampling procedures and directions for recording and reporting quality data
- Monitoring and inspection of materials and products to ensure finished product quality and compliance with product specifications.
- Development of corrective, preventive actions (CAPA) and monitoring for efficacy and conformance.
- Investigation of customer complaints
- Provide leadership and guidance in areas of regulatory compliance, product quality, product safety, sanitation effectiveness, and productivity improvements.
- Guide in developing and executing sanitation plans for production equipment in Packaging and Processing.
- Interact with production and maintenance personnel to identify and resolve quality issues as they arise.
- Participate in cross-functional teams and provides direction and assistance for quality and productivity improvements.
- Oversee and improve Quality training to meet quality standards.
- Review of production, quality and inspection systems for efficiency.
- Interpret, implement and evaluate the adequacy of quality assurance (QA) standards.
- Monitoring risk management activities.
- Bachelor’s (BS) or Master’s (MS) degree in Food Science, Operations Management or related
- Min. 5-8+ years of experience in Food Safety, QA, Production, Manufacturing and Warehouse settings driving, GMPs, Good Plant Operations, while demonstrating Operations skills
- Experience working in Dairy Industry; Skills in Lean Manufacturing, Product Development, Budgeting, Strategic Production Planning, HACCP, and Employee Team Building.
- Certifications a plus including Quality Auditor, Quality Engineer, Quality Improvement, Six Sigma
- 5yrs. + experience in Food Safety & Quality Management Systems (QMS) programs
- 5yrs. + Food Microbiology, GFSI, SQF, ISO 22000, BRC, Sensory and optimizing Operations
- 5yrs. + experience with perishable products (manufacturing, packaging, and shipping), quality inspections, auditing and testing experience, statistics, microbiology, sanitation and regulatory
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) trained, certification a plus
- SQF (Safe Quality Food) Practitioner preferred
- Extensive experience with GMP and implementation of corrective action (CAPA) programs
- Knowledge of FDA, USDA, and relevant regulatory requirements
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and databases
- Knowledge of tools, concepts, and methodologies of Quality Assurance (QA)
- Attention to detail, data collection, management, and analysis
- Problem analysis, problem-solving and decision making
- Energetic, forward-thinking, creative, high standards, good judgment
- Team and customer service oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (must be able to write SOPs)
- Fluency in Spanish with excellent communication skills (oral, writing, presentation).
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION:
- Send resume (as an MS Word.doc) to [ Email removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply
- To your e-mail, add “Ops. & Efficiency Specialist (Production, HACCP, SQF)” to the subject line
Call [ Phone number blocked ] - || to discuss your qualifications and availability
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [ Phone number blocked ] - ||
Hazard Analysis And Critical Control Points
Product Quality Assurance
Quality Management Systems
Good Manufacturing Practices
Continuous Improvement Process