Senior Project Engineer EPC
CHARLOTTE, NC, US
Project Management Department
Zachry Group is currently looking for a talented and experienced Project Engineer to join our Project Management Department. This is a great opportunity get involved in interesting and challenging design projects for clients in various industries predominantly in the process industries.
* Support the Senior Project Manager in planning, organizing, and controlling assigned aspects of a project, including monitoring project schedules and budgets, evaluating project productivity and quality and directing the complete technical operations of the project.
* Implement assignments and activities delegated from the Senior Project Manager.
* Responsible to define the work scope and prepare overall schedules and budgets on small projects. Update schedules and implement corrections or adjustments when necessary.
* Assist in developing cost estimates for additional work or contract modifications.
* Coordinate discipline engineering activities for development of engineered deliverables.
* Review engineered drawings for consistency with work scope and adequately address input from disciplines.
* Facilitate Zachry Group's quality control procedure for deliverable generation, archiving, and distribution/transmittal.
* Ensure field trip reports and meeting minutes are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
* Review reports to ensure consistency with contractual requirements.
* Responsible for distributing all correspondence to the appropriate project members.
* Ensure that all work hour control is being implemented properly; Engineering Change Notices are being identified and reported to the Senior Project Manager.
* Prepare progress reports.
* Support preparation of interactive planning sessions for scheduling engineering activities.
* Review and evaluate staff expenditures and implement corrective actions or adjustments as required to address overall performance efficiencies for the engineering team.
* Update, inform and clarify project outcomes, deliverables, potential problems, and project needs.
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
* 5 to 15 years of experience in the industrial marketplace.
* Strong communication and inter-personal skills are required to provide effective intra and inter-discipline coordination on projects, as well as effective communication with clients and vendors.
* Must be organized, self-directed, able to prioritize and multi-task, work in a team environment and take direction from others.
* Willingness to learn and work on a variety of tasks within multiple industries.
* Willingness to travel and work in office and field environments.
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, video chat and software systems. Position will include visits to construction sites and industrial facilities requiring mobility (on ground and at heights) and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and work boots.
Employee will work in multiple environments including an office, operating process plants, as well as a warehouse, and trailer or building on construction sites. At operating plants or construction sites, noise levels will be moderate to high. Job site will contain: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling and talking, bells, whistles and alarms.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Project Engineer position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
ZACHRY GROUP is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Financial Management
- Heavy Equipment
- Interpersonal Skills