The Infection Control Preventionist (ICP) provides comprehensive infection control program by current standards of practice and compliance with regulatory agencies and governmental policies and procedures. The ICP aids the Quality Department with monthly audit/process improvement program. Administers the goals of the infection control and quality programs including protecting patients, healthcare workers, volunteers, students, visitors, and others in the healthcare environment; and accomplishing the goals cost-effectively.
• Establishes and revises guidelines and processes to meet current practice standards.
• Coordinates the Infection Control Dashboard and necessary reporting through appropriate committee.
• Collaborates with the Quality Department on completion of required audits and process improvement program.
• Assists with training/education/coaching staff on the quality improvement indicators.
• Implements all infection control regulations/standards required by CDC, TDADS, APIC, and state or other governmental agencies.
• Uses nationally recognized definitions and best practice guidelines to maintain a practical surveillance program which incorporates the systematic and current review of Healthcare Associated Infections (HAIs), significant communicable diseases, and environmental events with potential impact to patient, visitor, and healthcare provider safety
• Competent in Infection Control Practices including Isolation Precautions, hospital surveillance, and construction projects
• Implements procedures to monitor and control potential infections.
• Complete routine surveillance activities and monitor trends and assist with appropriate corrective action when necessary for infection control and quality.
• Develop and provide annual training materials for Infection Control and within the Quality Department.
• Provide continuing education on IC practices as necessary for staff.
• Serve as a member of the facility Safety Committee and the Quality Committee, and aids in facilitation and meeting minutes for the Infection Control Committee.
• Coordinate and collaborate with other leaders to address findings of the various dashboards and databases. (Licensure database, employee health database, Infection Control, Quality and Plant Operations Dashboards.)
• Coordinate multidisciplinary performance improvement teams related to assuring compliance with all regulatory bodies during any development/construction on campus including CDC, OSHA, TDADS, APIC, CARF, DARS, DNV.
• Maintain, monitor, and review policies and procedures on an annual basis.
• Participate and facilitate the policy review committee and forms committee in concert with quality.
• Seeks opportunities to expand learning beyond baseline competencies with a focus on continual development in infection prevention.
• Proficient with computer programs to complete job duties independently.
• Other tasks as assigned
- Two years of related infection control experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field with previous infection control experience and CIC® certification
- Maintain continuing education in the epidemiological study of infection control
- Certification in Infection Prevention and Control CIC®
Business Process Improvement