Requisition Type: Regular
We have been awarded exciting new work, Cloud development using new technologies, and are seeking Software (Cloud) Engineers to join our team in Alexandria, VA.
We are an established team supporing Customs Border Protection (CBP) at Cargo Systems Program Directorate (CSPD) help them accomplish the vision of a streamlined, paperless, single window electronic filing using Automated Commercial Environment (ACE) systems
GDIT leverages Agile methodology and a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) to manage multiple agile development teams in parallel with DevOps Team in a highly complex environment focusing intensely on continuous value delivery.
The technologies we use include:
- Cloud technologies: AWS Cloud, Docker Containerization
- Open source technologies: Java, MyBatis, Spring, Oracle, Weblogic, PostGres
- Atlassian Tools suite: JIRA, Confluence
- CM Suite: Bitbucket, Jenkins for the AWS pipeline
Software Engineer on our team:
- Develops applications on the AWS development platform. The architecture includes Docker based containerization and AWS deployment pipeline.
- Designs, develops documents, test and debug applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems.
- Detrmines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. - Ensures software standards are met.
- DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: BA/BS, 2+ years experience
Ability to obtain a Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Public Trust Suitability
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Agile Software Development