Hickory Point Christian Village - Christian Horizons (CH) has grown from one nursing home over 50 years ago to one of the largest faith-based not-for-profits in the country with 13 communities across 4 states. The CH family of ministries also includes Senior Care Pharmacy, CareLink nurse-guided care and Safe Haven Hospice. Experience a new pathway to senior living – a future in which older adults thrive.
We offer a place to live your faith, a place to grow and be valued. As a faith-based organization, we strive to provide resident-centered, cost-effective health care programs and services to each and every resident in our community.
We are seeking a Business Office Manager to develop, implement, and maintain systems to operate the business office in an effective and efficient manner to operate the community in a financially sound manner. Work as a team member with all departments to assure Residents receive optimal care.
- Competitive Salary
- PathwayPay (daily pay) – Get your pay, when you need it.
- Generous PTO Program
- Health (Blue Cross Blue Shield), Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life (employer paid), Short & Long Term Disability, Group Accident, and Critical Illness
- 403(b) & Flex Spending
- Employee Assistant Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts and Other Perks
- Assume responsibility for department compliance with federal, state, local, and corporate regulations.
- Ensure all financial information is obtained and entered for newly admitted Residents in compliance with Medicaid, tax credits and all applicable governing bodies.
- Maintain an accurate Resident census.
- Meet with Residents’ representatives regarding any business office concerns.
- Maintain accurate Resident accounts and records, including ancillary charges and monthly billing.
- Ensure an accurate office documentation and retrieval system for all Resident, personnel, and other office accounts.
- Perform account collection procedures in compliance with corporate policy.
- Make deposits regularly.
- Complete accounts payable according to corporate standards.
- Ensure compliance with tax credit accounting and reporting.
- Communicate and work cooperatively with fiscal intermediaries, accountants, auditors, cost report preparers, private insurance companies, state or federal agencies, and corporate office staff.
- Reconcile all community funds.
- Requisition and maintain adequate supplies and equipment for use in business office.
- Maintain an effective, organized, and efficient payroll system to meet the needs of the community.
- Prepare and submit accurate, complete payroll reports as required.
- Screen and direct all incoming phone calls, transfers, and messages with courtesy and accuracy.
- Greet and interact with Residents, families, staff, visitors, vendors, and state officials and direct them to appropriate individuals.
- Distribute payroll checks stubs.
- Receive, disburse and collect all job applications, forwarding as directed.
- Maintain applicant files, following corporate office retention guidelines.
- Ensure Link cards are swiped monthly for residents receiving Food Stamp benefits.
- Track benefits paperwork for accuracy and timeliness.
- Receive and distribute the mail accurately and timely.
- Track employees on leave for FMLA, VESSA, LOA, and worker’s compensation, ensuring the employee, supervisor, and all other involved parties are informed of progress.
- Ensure all paperwork has been filled out timely and accurately related to leaves.
- Notify worker’s compensation insurance of new claims and maintain paperwork related to the claim.
- Ensure paperwork, doctor visits, and drug testing is done timely and accurately in accordance with corporate policies for all workers’ compensation claims.
- Ensure timely transmittal and follow-up for unemployment claims as needed.
- Track hours worked to ensure employees are in working compliance with their job status.
- Maintain an accurate list of emergency telephone numbers, including key personnel and medical staff.
- Maintain and communicate any problems regarding the community telephone system.
- Function as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide quality care to all Residents.
- Operate department within the established budget guidelines.
- Supervise proper care and use of equipment and waste disposal procedures in accordance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Attend and participate in continuing education programs designed to keep abreast of changes in the profession.
- Observe all community policies and procedures, including but not limited to safety, infection control, Residents’ rights, and those contained in the employee handbook.
- Cooperate with Corporate staff under the Manager’s supervision.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all protected health information whether electronic, written, or oral exposed to either during the course of assigned duties or as a result of an incidental disclosure.
- Apply the Minimum Necessary Standard in all matters related to Residents’ protected health information.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Additional formal training or education in accounting and office systems preferred.
- 1-2 years experience in office management and office systems required.
- Basic knowledge of Excel and its applications required.
- Tax credit and Fair Housing experience preferred.
- Accounting and Medical Billing experience preferred.
- Able to follow and give written and oral directions.
- Ability to work independently.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively and deal tactfully with personnel, Residents, families, visitors, government agencies, and the general public.
- Display leadership qualities, good communication skills, and a desire to continuously learn.
- Pass background check before and during employment, as defined by Christian Horizons’ background check policy, with no disqualifications by committing or attempting to commit one or more of the offenses defined within.
Provide Logistical Support