To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA
- Southern California Hospital at Hollywood
- Phone: (310) 836-7000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Health Information Management (HIM) Coder - Part Time
Alta Hospitals System • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Health Information Management (HIM) Coder*
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The HIM Coder codes and abstracts clinical and demographic data from patient records to support reimbursement and reporting. Assists in maintaining accurate and complete medical records in accordance with hospital policies and procedures. Reviews records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with regulations.
- Reviews, codes and abstracts, utilizing ICD-10 and CPT coding conventions, electronic health records of hospital(s) and clinic(s) patients, both retrospectively and concurrently, in a manner consistent with administrative, ethical, legal and regulatory requirements and to meet company established DNFB standards. Monitors incoming records daily and provides timely coding according to policy. Maintains strictest confidentiality of protected health information (PHI) in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Reviews the medical record to assure specificity of diagnoses, procedures and appropriate / optimal reimbursement for hospital and/or professional charges. Ensures DRG/APC assignment is accurate. Follows through and requests missing documents/information. Maintains coding data quality and integrity.
- Abstracts information and statistical data from coded records. Ensures timely completion of history & physical and operative/procedure reports in accordance with governing / regulatory / accrediting agencies regulations.
- Accurately prepares documents/forms/queries and ad hoc report/projects in a timely manner. Reads and responds to emails in a timely manner.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED required.
Minimum Experience: Three (3) years as a coder in an acute care hospital required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Ability to multitask and maintain a work pace appropriate to workload. Computer literacy and proficiency. Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job.
Req. Certification/Licensure: RHIT and/or RHIA and/or CCS or CPC certification required.
Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
How to Apply
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords:; HIM, HIS Coder, Health Information Systems, Health Information Management, Mgmt, Medical Records