About Our Team and This Role:
Our employees are our greatest asset. We want them to be happy, healthy, and safe as partners in our success. We work together with our employees to sustain the inclusive work environment that has been one of our core values for nearly a century.
We are currently seeking a Senior Internal Auditor for our corporate audit team. This is an exciting and rewarding career opportunity that will report to the Vice President of Internal Audit.
What You Will Be Working On:
- Assist the Vice President, Internal Audit in the execution of the companywide annual risk assessments.
- Develop strategic, risk-based audit work programs, and apply professional standards/frameworks of the IIA, COSO and other professional bodies in performing audits and reviews of internal control and operational processes.
- Work as a partner with company personnel in performing value-added operational and financial audits
- Perform operational effectiveness testing of business process and IT controls over significant accounts, disclosures and processes using recognized frameworks
- Prepare reports to effectively and persuasively communicate findings and recommendations to senior management.
- Perform due diligence, financial statement, and internal control reviews over business acquisitions to ensure effective integration and consolidation of such entities into the corporate structure.
- Perform technical accounting research to evaluate whether business transactions are in accordance with GAAP.
- Provide direct assistance to the Big 4 external auditors in the conduct of the annual integrated audit.
- Conduct whistleblower/hotline investigations, culminating in the issuance of effective reports to the Audit Committee and senior management.
- Perform other ad-hoc assignments, as deemed necessary by the Vice President, Internal Audit.
What You Will Need to Be Successful in This Role:
- The most positive attitude and optimism to work in a team-oriented environment.
- A CPA and/or CISA certificate, and a Bachelor of Science degree with an emphasis in accounting.
- One to three years of public accounting and internal audit experience.
- Experience with public company SOX compliance and understanding of risk assessment methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to deal with senior levels of management.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and influence all levels of the organization to drive change and corrective action.
- Aptitude to grasp complex accounting and control matters and develop solutions to operational matters.
- Willingness to travel approximately 15-25% of the time to locations in the U.S. and Canada.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and IDEA.
Founded in 1928, Beacon (Nasdaq: BECN) is one of the largest distributors of commercial and residential roofing products, complementary construction, and building materials serving the entire United States and six Canadian provinces. Through strategic investments in new technology and an ever-expanding network of locations throughout the United States and Canada, we help contractors save time, manage work more efficiently, and enhance their businesses.
Sarbanes Oxley Act (Sox) Compliance
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles