To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lancaster, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
IT Solution Analyst Kronos - Information Technology - Full Time/Varied
Antelope Valley Hospital • Lancaster, CA
Posted 22 days ago
The Non-Clinical Solution Analyst (Analyst) is responsible for supporting one or more solutions around time and attendance in a healthcare environment. They will leverage their business and technical experience in trouble-shooting and resolving solution issues, implementing future solution upgrades/enhancements, identifying opportunities for system or process optimization, and supporting the implementation of new solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Provides ongoing technical support for the AVH Kronos environment and any other assigned solution(s) and serves as the main point of contact to the vendor support teams in communicating, troubleshooting, and resolving issues.
- Works with the end-user/department to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve system issues.
- Communicates issues to the vendor per required process, tracks status, documents resolution, and updates system documentation, and when applicable, updates workflows/processes and policies and procedures.
- Follows established change control processes and understands the impact of solution changes to the Electronic Health Record (EHR) or other business information systems in the hospital’s network.
- Provides end-user assistance, develops requested reports, and participates with help desk functions.
- Regularly seeks end-user/department feedback and demonstrates to the end-user/department that they incorporated such feedback.
- Provides detailed documentation of all operational and downtime policies and procedures on their assigned solutions as well as troubleshooting documentation for the Help Desk.
B. Implements system upgrades, releases, and enhancements.
- Reads solution(s) and vendor correspondence and communicates impacts to departments.
- Keeps abreast of regulatory requirements and ensures alignment with their assigned solution(s).
- Works with end-users and stakeholders to identify enhancements, develops related technical and user specifications, and tracks requests to the vendor.
- Creates and maintains the schedule for solution releases or upgrades.
- Implements, tests, and validates upgrades, ensuring proper interaction and interfacing with other solutions and systems.
- When applicable, works with the departments to assess the impact of upgrades or enhancements to business workflow/processes.
- Contributes to the redesign of business workflow/processes to ensure alignment to the solution’s new features and functions.
- Updates and maintains system documentation and when applicable, documents new business workflow/processes and training materials.
C. Provides technical support to assigned departments in implementing new solutions and optimizing existing solutions.
- Assesses current business workflows/processes and develops recommendations for improvement based on best practices, detailed knowledge of the assigned solution(s) as well a holistic understanding of the solution platform.
- Works with project teams, assigned departments, and vendor to design, configure, test, train and implement their assigned solution(s).
- Documents future state workflow/processes, develops reporting specifications, creates detailed configuration documents, tracks critical design decisions, collects data, and completes other required system documentation.
- Works with the vendor to configure/build the solution per specification and is responsible for ensuring that the build is completed and aligns with configuration documents, regulatory requirements, and future state workflows/processes.
- When applicable, participates in the implementation activities of other project teams such as cross-solution, interfaces, security, data conversion, and reporting teams.
- Contributes to the development of test scenarios, scripts, and test data.
- Participates in the execution of the test plan, resolution of defects, modification to the solution(s), and validation of the solution(s).
- Provides input into the development of training materials and policies and procedures.
- Participates in the planning and execution of conversion and cutover activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Detailed design, build, configuration, testing, and troubleshooting experience in one or more of the following Kronos solutions:
- Workforce Central: Managing timecards, schedules, and preparing for Payroll
- Workforce Device Manager & the Kronos Terminals
- Administering the Application and Navigators
- Configuring and Managing Pay Rules
- Writing and Integrating WTK Reports
- Workforce Architecture and Technology
- Basic Interface Programming
- Knowledge of project life cycles and all aspects of software testing (unit, system, integration, user-acceptance, etc.).
- Knowledge of Microsoft solutions.
- Knowledge of healthcare business systems and workflows.
- Demonstrate logical problem solving and issue resolution while considering end users’ needs
- Demonstrate process workflow skills and how to document redesign
- Excellent verbal and written communication & collaboration skills and the ability to lead groups in meetings and consensus building
- Strong customer service focus with the ability to manage customer relationships and expectations
- Strong skills in collecting, organizing and reporting data
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team.
- Ability to plan, manages tasks, and stay on track with the project plan.
- Ability to escalate per process when project deliverables/tasks are at risk.
- Ability to troubleshoot solution specific issues and document outcomes.
- Ability to effectively communicate internally with physicians, users, and managers as well as externally with vendors, consultants, etc.
- Ability to train or communicate with groups of people or one-on-one.
- Ability to analyze workflows, recommends improvements, and document such improvements.
- Ability to write detailed technical and user specifications.
AVH Values: All AVH employees will effectively demonstrate these values:
- Patients Come First – We listen actively and communicate with our patients and families, placing safety as a top priority.
- Accountability & Ownership – We fully complete tasks, are transparent, effectively communicate, and recognize that what we do reflects on us.
- Teamwork – We build trusting relationships, promote a sense of community, and are respectful of everyone. Success is about the whole team.
- Integrity & Honesty – We tell the truth at all times, speak up when something is wrong, and do the right thing when no one is looking.
- Excellence – We take pride in our work, are goal-oriented, and on a never-ending quest for top tier quality.
- Initiative & Innovation – Our can-do attitudes, creativity, and resourcefulness empower us to improve the patient’s experience, solve our own problems, make timely decisions, and look for opportunities to add value.
- Tenderness & Compassion – We have genuine empathy, show kindness, and encourage and advocate for each other.
Looking for an opportunity to work in healthcare the way you always dreamed you could? At Antelope Valley Hospital, our employees are at the heart of what we do best – delivering high quality, patient-centered healthcare.
Antelope Valley Hospital, a 420 bed acute care facility, located just 60 miles north of Los Angeles, the Antelope Valley is one of Southern California’s fastest growing communities. We are a Level II Trauma Center and Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center Accredited. Serving the community for over 50 years, our non-profit hospital has grown to be the preeminent healthcare facility for our district’s nearly 1.2 million residents.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.