Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
The primary purpose of the Systems Engineer role is to install, implement, configure, upgrade,and optimize the performance of the server & network technology required to operate the infrastructure environment througout Saint Anthony's Hospital in Chicago, IL. Responsibilities
- Possess expertise in the assigned technology domain
- Design, manage, maintain, monitor and support the infrastructure environment in assigned technology domain
- Direct others to install, configure and support hardware and software required to operate assigned technology
- Provide ongoing maintenance including updates, patches and anti-virus updates
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in assigned technology including hardware, software, operating system and application-related issues
- Conduct performance monitoring, system health checks, trending analysis and capacity planning
- Provide 3rd level operational support for issues escalated from Service Desk
- Develop and maintain documentation related to technology installation, administration and maintenance
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- BS degree in Information Science/Computer Science/Software Engineering/Business preferred
- 2-5 years experience providing systems engineering across servers and network infrastructure required
- Windows Server, Active Directory and Networking protocols required
- Excellent client facing skills with the ability to thrive in a highly critical, fast paced environment
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills required
- May require local travel
- May require other travel for business needs
- May require after hours on call support
- Work is performed in a standard office environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a competitive total rewards package, including holidays, vacation, and medical, disability and life insurance.
Allscripts’ policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a "VEVRAA Federal Contractor" We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans