To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Jessup, MD 20794
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Plant Controller- Wm T Burnett Foam Division
Wm T Burnett Foam LLC • Jessup, MD
Posted 2 months ago
Wm. T. Burnett & Co. offers a diverse and unique range of technical foam and fiber products for the automotive, bedding, filtration, furniture, and industrial markets. With over 100 years in business, Wm T Burnett is a stable employer in the Baltimore area. We believe in personal and professional growth by investing in the development of our employees through training and on the job experiences.
As a family-owned business, we treat employees like family and offer a respectful work environment. We value a strong work ethic and strive always to be fair and consistent. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees through our robust benefit offerings and career development opportunities.
We are currently searching for a Plant Controller to serve as the finance business partner in the Wm T Burnett Jessup, MD foam plant. This role will provide financial leadership to the plant operations leaders in the planning and execution of business goals and objectives. The plant controller manages the financial performance of the Jessup facility including: administering internal controls, planning, forecasting, reporting, and analyzing business drivers and operational metrics. The position reports to the owner CEO and works closely with the company’s on-site President.
- Conduct month end close and prepare monthly reports of results on a timely and accurate basis
- Analyze and accurately report current month’s financial results to corporate management in accordance with corporate format and time requirements
- Ensure accuracy of the physical inventory and reported results. Investigate and explain book to physical adjustments
- Maintain a perpetual inventory for raw materials and finished goods and reconcile this perpetual to production, shipping, and returns on a monthly basis
- Maintain real time operations metrics
- Proactively support and collaborate on operational improvement initiatives
- Direct and inform use of information technology for business process automation and efficiency
- Perform walkthroughs of the plant with the plant operations manager to discuss production and costing issues. Review labor reporting and cost, material costs, manufacturing overhead, distribution cost, returns and inventory levels
- Attend plant production meetings
- Analyze potential excess and obsolete inventory items monthly
- Monitor collections and A/R performance
- Reconcile all inter-company accounts monthly
- Perform account analyses and other related tasks for the year-end financial statements audit
- Assure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Policies. Resolve questions of GAAP and internal controls with corporate financial management
- Assist in the completion of special project
- S. in Accounting or Business Administration.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Accounting/Finance
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Accounting/Finance in a manufacturing plant
- Hands-on and results-oriented with the demonstrated ability to identify problems, propose solutions and implement solutions in a plant environment
- Proven leadership as part of a cross-functional plant management team
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Sound planning and organizational skills
- High level of proficiency in Excel, Sequel and Access
- Prior experience as a plant controller, accounting manager, or cost accountant
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- CPA or CMA
- Management experience including supervising and developing professional staff
- Experience with AS 400 systems
Please NO phone calls, subcontractors, third party or recruiting agencies. Thank you.
- 5 year(s): Manufacturing Enviroment
- 10 year(s): Accounting/Finance
- CPA or CMA
- Management Experience
- Plant Controller/Accounting Manager/Cost Accountant
- Bachelors or better in Accounting or related field
- Masters or better in Accounting or related field
- Mathematical Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Computer Skills
- Communication Skills
- Accounting Skills
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization