To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Plano, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Application Technical Specialist
Global Payments Inc. • Plano, TX
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Summary:The Application Support Administrator reports to the Manager of Platform Operations and will serve as a technical consultant to others while performing the following tasks: plan, design, develop, modify, implement, support, and troubleshoot applications. Also required to conceive and design new processes and solutions to meet the business needs of the customer, while ensuring the technical and business direction of the organization are not compromised.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance for analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of a Java application in a UNIX or Linux Platform.
- Provide assistance to technical and operational personnel.
- Play a pivotal role in implementing Operational control, monitoring and visibility to the platforms.
- Verify operating system configuration files, kernel parameters, network settings and other required application changes.
- Analyzes and resolves problems associated with operating systems.
- Consult with users to identify current operating procedures.
- Experience in Software version management is preferred.
- Assist in other areas as directed.
- 3-5 years of applicable UNIX\Linux system administration experience in a 24/7 operating environment.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of Windows based operating systems is definitely a plus.
- Scripting experience is a must. (Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby)
- Windows OS, with batch process, file transfer, and monitoring preferred.
- Experience working in Credit Card or Financial industry is a plus.
- Experience in supporting a hybrid environment with multiple operating systems.
- Experience supporting third party custom applications.
- Good Understanding and hands on experience in TCP/IP networking, GIT or other revision control.
- Experience with Cloud Services (example: Google, Amazon, Azure)
- Experience in understanding the environment to build operational control, visibility and monitoring.
- Visualize the application end to end and experience on finding the gaps.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not necessarily required.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting skills required. Excellent interpersonal, organizational, customer service and communication skills. Willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies and business direction.
We are an EOE F/M/D/V.
Global Payments, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected status. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.