Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Join Optum Digital as a Senior Java Software Engineer. If you take pride in what you deliver and are passionate about building highly scalable APIs, we have a great opportunity for you. You will work with a great team to modernize our APIs and migrate those to Azure as well as build a set of micro-services that will power our member portals and mobile applications.
If you are located in Basking Ridge, NJ or Minneapolis, MN, you will have the flexibility to telecommute 1-2 days a week*, as well as work in the office as you take on some tough challenges. If you are located in the Eastern or Central Time zones, you will enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Create micro-services, implement telemetry solutions, and build CI/CD pipelines
- Design and build re-usable libraries and components
- Design and implement product features in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders
- Create innovative solutions to meet the needs of the business and to improve the overall health and reliability of the applications
- Define coding standards and best practices
- Coach and mentor other developers in the team
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience and training
- 4+ years of progressive experience in Software Engineering
- 4+ years of experience with Java or JVM languages such as Kotlin
- 3+ years of experience designing and implementing RESTful services
- 2+ years of Agile delivery experience
- 2+ years of experience in building microservices using Spring boot
- 2+ years of experience working on an agile team
- 2+ years of experience development/ maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- 2+ years of experience working with relational and/or NoSQL databases
- 1+ years of cloud experience
- Demonstrated solid communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience delivering software using Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience in Kafka or other even streaming technologies
- Experience in Kotlin, Spock, Docker, Azure, Jenkins, Grafana, Splunk
- Experience working in a DevOps model
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, fluid environment while maintaining adherence to standards and best practices
- Healthcare industry experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Basking Ridge, NJ (Hybrid 1-2 days/work onsite)
- Minneapolis, MN (Hybrid 1-2 days/ work onsite)
- Eastern or Central Time Zones (Telecommute)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary/hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.