To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Ruby on Rails Application Developer
Octo Consulting Group • Washington, DC
Posted 17 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Octo Consulting Group is seeking a Ruby on Rails Application Developer to be responsible for development, testing, and maintenance of applications utilizing Ruby on Rails and related technologies. Candidate will be required to write unit tests and create and execute SQL (PostgreSQL) queries to verify data and troubleshoot issues. Candidate will also be responsible for assisting with the development of software technical documentation including requirements specifications, design documents, and test plans.
- Provide support for the full life cycle of software product development
- Perform prototyping, system analysis, development, fielding, and maintenance of systems
- Develop, code, test, and debug new software or enhancements to existing software
- Evaluate new software products and technologies, and provide recommendations to enhance existing systems
- Conduct software testing to ensure satisfaction of application development requirements
- Support software quality assurance and configuration management activities
- Document software procedures and develop software reports, plans, and products, such as software development plans, software requirements specifications, software design documents, software development files, source code, version description documents, and test plans.
- Associate’s Degree or 5+ years of experience in the software development field
- Demonstrated experience with Ruby as a programming platform to develop multi-tier web-based applications
- Experience working within proper Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, utilizing source code control, and change management software
- Understanding of Ruby Best Practices
- Strong SQL coding background; understanding of SQL statement optimization/tuning
- Experience working in Agile and Kanban environments
- Infrastructure experience: AWS, Red Hat Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, Apache, Chef
- GIS functionality experience
- Version control experience: Git, Github
- Requirements management experience: Leankit
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Must be able to pass a Federal background investigation
- Public Trust at USCIS and/or DHS
- Experience with developing APIs and Microservices
- Testing tool experience: Cucumber, Brakeman, RSpec
- Certification: Certified Scrum Developer (CSD)
- Experience at USCIS
Clearance: MUST BE US CITIZEN
Location: Washington DC preferred, possibility for Full Time Telework
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc.
- Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time
- Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area
- The noise level in this environment is low to moderate
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you'll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you'll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
- Please no Corp-to-Corp or 1099 candidates; this position is W-2 only.
- US citizenship required per contract.