Northwest is a 495 bed system serving the city of Amarillo and the surrounding region. We offer the ideal combination of traditional values and the most advanced technologies in healthcare, plus the conveniences of big city living in a friendly, smaller-town atmosphere. From the beauty of Palo Duro Canyon and great recreational facilities, to our quality educational system, Amarillo is a great place to live and work.
POSITION SUMMARY: Attends to the patients direct care needs during transport to and from the Imaging Department as delegated by the RN and Radiologic Technologist. The Transporter will also assist the technologist in providing services by moving patients to and from carts, and wheelchairs. The Transporter works with geriatric, adult, and pediatric patient types. The Transporter will perform any other duties as assigned.
Northwest Texas Healthcare System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Northwest Texas Healthcare System, a subsidiary of UHS, is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSES/REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
High School education or equivalent. CPR certification
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
1. Ability to read and write in English
2. Ability to speak and hear, to allow discussions with employees and peers.
3. Ability to cope with and remain calm under stress
4. Ability to show organization and leadership.
5. Ability to evaluate and interpret information and make independent decisions
6. Bending and lifting (50-75 lbs), grasping, fine hand coordination, pushing and pulling.
7. Electrical and radiant energy hazards are present.
8. Ability to respond to pages.
9. Lead protective gloves and apron must
Emergency Medical Technician