$125000.00 to $160000.00 yearly
Are you driven by high expectations? Do you thrive in a role where integrity, reliability and leadership are valued? If you're looking to take responsibility for an accounting and clerical department at a successful company, Robert Half Finance is looking for a Controller. The Controller will be a full-time employment opportunity and will be located in the Sacramento, California region. Responsibilities include planning and directing all accounting operational functions, handling the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluating accounting and internal control systems, and leading departmental staff. You might be a good fit for this position if you can effectively manage self and others within strict time constraints when providing client services, lead while also being a team player, generate innovative ideas, and challenge the status quo. The company provides exceptional compensation and benefits and potential for career growth.
Please find Shantel Poole on LinkedIn for contact information.
Your responsibilities in this role
- Manage the production of and monthly monitoring of the annual budget and forecasts
- Support punctual cash collection by managing the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques
- Inspect deliverables of self and team to ensure that they meet client expectations
- Complete month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, reconcile accounts, and handle G/L analysis
- Evaluate, implement and streamline policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Advance Finance Department initiatives, such as software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, as needed, with research, planning and implementation
- Manage daily cash and prepare cash-flow reports, projecting cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals
- Give financial reports to executive committee and partners each month
- Work closely with executive team and partners to facilitate efficient and effective firm-wide operation
- Respond on items beyond formal job responsibilities
- Direct finance department activities, such as accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Vow to meet business deadlines
- Excellent written, verbal and social communication skills
- Able to build and deliver effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
- Self-starter with efficient time management and organizational skills
- Excellent technology, analytics and management experience required
- Observant, accurate and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
- Advanced credentials such as a Masters of Business Administration / MBA or Certified Public Accountant / CPA are preferred
- Demonstrated analytical abilities, tendency to quickly connect dots and surmise logical outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and constantly changing company environment
- Accounting experience in publicly-traded company a plus
- Construction Estimating experience
- Adeptness in financial statement preparation
- Financial Statement Audits experience
- Command of Job Cost
- Business Banking Relationship experience preferred
- Construction Accounting experience desired
- Demonstrated knowledge of Monthly Financial Statements
- Progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at
. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.